PDA

View Full Version : I'm back with some NEW symptoms!

WDWFan
11-09-08, 19:20
I hope someone can reassure me on some new symptoms i am getting!
I have been under a lot of stress again recently and i have noticed alot of numbness and tingling in my arms, feet, knees, head, neck, cheeks, but what's really worrying me is i get it alot especially after a big meal! and i can't believe that's down to anxiety or stress :shrug: please help!

nickieb
11-09-08, 19:43
Hey WDW

How are you?? Ok firstly have you been to your GP? I personally have experienced the pins & needles thing & its bloody awful. I am aware not that i don't have it that it was down to anxiety & the effects of the adrenaline on our body. I however am not a doctor so suggest you get checked out first.
Try & relax and im sure this will ease the symptoms. I was only ever aware of mine during boredom...

Best Wishes xx

Neilr1978
11-09-08, 19:55
I hope someone can reassure me on some new symptoms i am getting!
I have been under a lot of stress again recently and i have noticed alot of numbness and tingling in my arms, feet, knees, head, neck, cheeks, but what's really worrying me is i get it alot especially after a big meal! and i can't believe that's down to anxiety or stress :shrug: please help!

Hi wdwfan i was at my CBT session today and my therapist told me that tingling and numbness in differnet parts of the body is a common physical response to stress.hope this helps

WDWFan
11-09-08, 21:08
Thanks Nickie and Neil
I might have to visit my GP tommorow, i know these symptoms are related to stress and anxiety which i have had too much of lately, it's just the fact of it coming on when i have eaten a big meal which is really starting to freak me out! and what's really worrying is i'm supposed to be flying to America on Saturday!!! :weep:

Gary