PDA

View Full Version : throat problems

cthechick84
11-09-08, 20:00
hey people
Im bk again, still got my bad throat and it feels is though i ave sumthink caught in my throat or somethinks swollen well i went to hospital other night and they xrayed my neck n said its all clear, but im worrying cos im having hard trouble to swallow and scared to eat as i think i ave cancer of esopeghues or throat i need to see my dr tomoz its driving me mad. i dnt think this is anixety though.any advice please im worreied. thanks C.xxxx:weep:

nomorepanic
11-09-08, 20:03
I still have mine bad every day as well. Get the doc to refer you on but all they will do is put a tube down your nose and look at your throat and tell you it is anxiety most likely.

I am still waiting for a referral to see a speech therapist and in the meantime going mad with it all!

Defo try the neck warmer as well as that soothes mine.

diane07
11-09-08, 20:08
Aww hun, i know where you're coming from i have exactly the same prob, amongst other things going on in my mouth, its a worry, but i have looked up all the cancer bits and its okay because we wouldn't actually get the feeling in our throat, i think theres so much viral infections going round and thats what i'm putting it down too, i know its hard but try not to worry about it, the way i look at it is we can't all possibly have throat cancer.

di xx

tashbarnes87
11-09-08, 20:08
Heya i jus wanted to say HI and let you know that your not alone. For 2 weeks i have had the feeling that something it stuck in my throat like a hair, my throat is sore due to the excessive swallowing i keep doing and i have a lot of mucus. I have developed a slight cough too and i cant stop crying as i am convinced its lung or throat cancer. I have tried to forget about it but i cant. I wanted to say that we will be ok i know that its this blasted anxiety. Stay strong and email me anytime

xx

helen_1
11-09-08, 20:59
i know just how u feel i've had mine for nearly over 2 months now a feeling like im being strangled food sticking when eating and hey i thought cancer too well been A and E loads of times with it through panicking been to my gp about it too in the end he referred me for a barium swallow test i get the results next week i was really panicked over it at first but now im relaxing more cos nothing bad has happened but its just sooo annoying i would say go and see your doctor if your really anxious over it and ask for a refferal for a barium swallow or camera down the throat just to put your mind at rest but i really think you have nothing to worry about hope all goes well and your feeling better soon xx