PDA

View Full Version : Feelings

kimbomac
11-09-08, 20:23
Hi all, Just wanting to let it all out.

Ive been feeling really panicky and stressed out. Ive had feelings of pressure round my head, neck and shoulders and butterflys in my stomach. I also have horrible thoughts of having something really bad wrong with me. Is this normal anxiety?
I have been to the doctor and she said ive got a bit of depression.she prescribed beta blockers,do you think these will help my symptoms? Going back tomorrow because things havent changed much (i havent taken those tablets yet tho). I have had an unusually long period but i do also have polycystic ovaries, and i had a miscarriage in may and had to have a d&c. Just wondering if anybody else has had these symptoms? and how can i stop myself thinking horrible thoughts. Thanks :)

Anxious_gal
11-09-08, 20:47
sorry you miscarried that must have been very hard on you. i get the head pressure too, its worse when i panic, i'm going to buy a back massager as my neck and shoulders have started to hurt a lot lately. maybe try getting a back massager too and take a hot bath

kimbomac
11-09-08, 20:54
Thank you for the reply. Yeah i do find a hot bath helps a bit. Its more annoying really when I lay down. do you get the same?

cattttt
14-09-08, 04:55
I'd just like to say that yes, the beta blockers do help with the symptoms. Like you, when I was first given them, I didn't take them for ages as I have a phobia about medication, or anything else I might swallow. But when I did get round to taking them, it was great, I felt really still, and they really helped.