PDA

View Full Version : Well...ok...

Catya
11-09-08, 21:22
I am desperate.
I have been a depressive with only recently recognised OCD for all my life.
I started on SSRI's about 19 years ago...and to cut a long story short, after Seroxat "pooping" out on me after 12 years of use, i struggled, and managed to get myself off them. I will have been med free for 2 years this November.
I gained so much weight on Seroxat, and having lost some of it cannot go up this route again.

I keep saying I will have to try a med again as my life is now falling apart and I have had to give up my teaching job.... but part of my obsession is NOT going on medication. I actually have citalopram in my drawer and decide I'll have to take one (10mg to start with).... only to regret it the minute I've taken it....it's also this obsession about putting any weight on.

I just don't "see" myself.
Without my job..I'm nothing.

I'm sorry to sound so low. I'm sitting here with every light on to try and lift my mood. The mood swings are horrendous. A black cloud starts to descend on me mid afternoon every day now.
I see no way out.

Which meds are best for obsessive thinking?.....without putting too much weight on ?

Again, my apologies. I don't mean to bring others down.

Catya
11-09-08, 21:24
Oh heck....now I've read the others, was I only supposed to say "Hi"?

robertz
11-09-08, 22:36
hey catya,
your in the right spot, so many others in here feel just as you do. you will find help here! every night around sundown is when the fear kicks in for me. not sure about the meds because im tryin not to take them either, but some one in here will know! wish you the best :)

v_chilli55
11-09-08, 22:40
Hi Catya.
Welcome to the group. I am new too....
Sorry to hear you are feeling low at the moment.

bab
11-09-08, 22:47
Hi Catya
Its very difficult - I used to be really slim - went on seroxat gained 4 stone which never shifted - have been on citalopram and am on escitalopram - I think they can all make you put weight on but they also may not and you have to weigh up the pros and cons - I hate being this weight but I know I am no good without meds - I suffer anxiety and obsessional thinking

nomorepanic
11-09-08, 22:50
Catya

You can say as much or as little as you like in your first post.

I just wanted to say :welcome: and I hope we can be of some help.

kittykat
12-09-08, 08:27
Hi there and :welcome: to the site xx

Lindalou64
12-09-08, 13:12
Hello Catya And Welcome , I Wish Ya Well, Linda

milly jones
12-09-08, 16:47
hunny different meds have different effects on different people

sorry

welcome to nmp

milly xxxx

lorac
12-09-08, 17:37
Hi Catya

Welcome to the site I am sure you will find many people on here who understand how you feel.

Take care

Carol

alexis
12-09-08, 20:51
Hi and welcome, Im sure youll soon find your way around and make lots of new friends here.xxx