PDA

View Full Version : anyone here have acid reflux or ibs?

MANDAPANDA87
11-09-08, 23:44
HEy i am jsut curious to know i have been to the doctor twice now this week for my stomach the first one gave me prevacid saying my stomach is probably jsut producing to much acid, than i jsut didnt believe him cuz he didnt even like look that well, so i went to another one and he did a really good abdominal exam, he checked my liver, spleen, felt around listened to my bowels and looked for a murmur and stuff and he said ibs becasue every morning iw ill poop and imy stomach will get all tight first then start feelign like its gettin eaten then i go, and the pain doesnt go away till like mid afternoon and then it comse back when i eat and at night and cant poop for the rest of the day even though i feel like i have to, but i am wondering becaue my stoamch doesnt hurt it more feels liek somehitng is eating it htan it is painful like acidic all over my abdominal region does anyoen have this ???

nomorepanic
11-09-08, 23:52
oh yes loads of us - do a search!

kittykat
12-09-08, 08:49
Hi there,

Defo sounds like acid reflux, its really horrid and can cause all sorts of symptoms. I would go to the doctors and maybe ask for an antacid and i would also watch your diet as this can affect stomach acids as well, oh and the main one which is the hardest is dont worry:) ........lol.....take care xx

Anxious_gal
12-09-08, 09:35
I used to get IBS real bad. it was mainly pain, so my doctor gave me spasmonal which stops your intestines from crampiing up, and boy did it work,
I noticed my IBS would act up if i ate white bread or junk food,

thoughts and actions
12-09-08, 15:03
hi

I suffer from IBS and acid reflux

Over the last 5 months i have been on 5-6 differnt anti acid medications- they worked for about a week then the problem came back again

After reading in one of my IBS books i read that constipation can cause really bad acid refulx and indigestion coz the food sits on top of food and there is no whjere for it to go (nice eh)

So i went bacck to the docs and as well as my anti spasmodics for my ibs they put me on peppermint tablets- i have been on them for 1 month and can honestly say i have not had to take even gaviscon for weeks- they work my releasing peppermint into your bowel and that clears any trapped wind or pushes food along- like you i used to go to the toilet between 1 and 10 tinems in the morning then would bge constipated for the rest of the day no matter how hard i tried or ate - the tablets made me go in the evenin for the first week or so but seem to have really regulated me now

I would speak to ure doc but if u dont want to u can buy the peppermint tablets in holland and barret.

xx

jacqui doll
12-09-08, 15:43
Hi

I too have IBS and acid reflux.

My dr put me on Lansoprazole 60mg (daily) for 3 weeks and then reduced it to 30mg (daily). I have been on these for nearly 4 months and have found them to greatly help me.

hope this is of some help.

MANDAPANDA87
13-09-08, 00:01
aaaaaaaah thank you guys so much i feel like so alone in this and cant stand it, i cant belive it can hurt so bad its so weird, and my muscles feel like i have been doing crunches which i guess in a way could be a good thing

but i went to the doctor again lastnight and he couldnt find anything in my stomach again, so he gave me prevacid but a few weeks ago i was prescribed rebaprozole or something and it seemed to work relli fast and didnt have any side effects so i decided to refill that one and take it instead so i started today and hopefully this will go away becaue everytime my stomach hurts i swear its my appendix ahah thats anxiety brain for you though hey LOL hahah but thanks guys i am definityly going to see about that peppermint stuff.