PDA

View Full Version : CT scan today

Lissy43
12-09-08, 10:59
I am having a ct scan today of my sinuses. I rung my ENT consultant the other day as I was feeling really congested and having alot of pain above my eyes he agreed it could well be sinus pain aswell as the facial migrains he diagnosed at my appointment a few weeks ago so he said to be sure I need a CT scan so I am booked in tonight at 5pm. I really am not looking forward to it, I find them quite scary.

I am hoping all will be ok and in a wierd way I hope they find something so they can treat it but on the other hand I hope all is clear.

A little part of me is worried they might find something alot worse like a tumour because the pain I have is mainly over left eye, ear and left eye can get fuzzy at times but I guess everyone fears these things when having a ct scan and if they do find something then its better to know and get treated rather than not knowing but heres hoping nothing like that will be found:winks:

I get my results wednesday but do you think if I ask they could tell me if there was anything nasty there:winks: lol!

precious78
12-09-08, 12:19
I'm sure they would tell you sooner rather than later if they found something. I have never had a CT scan but an MRI a few years ago and it was a bit scary, but I survived!

It's wierd though cos I get a lot of facial pain like sinus, but also sometimes have wired eye things with my left eye. Do they think your eye thing is soemthing to do with your sinuses?

Let us know how you get on and good luck. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Anxious_gal
12-09-08, 12:49
aw your soooooo brave! i do know that sometimes if you ask they will give you something to calm you! good luck, i wish you all the best x

Lissy43
12-09-08, 13:13
Thank you both.

I am quite anxious but more about having it actualy done.

RosieXXX
12-09-08, 13:49
All the best Libby. It will be a relief once it is all over - sometimes the anticipation is worse than the actual procedure - I am sure the staff will be reassuring.:hugs:

Lissy43
12-09-08, 14:49
Thanks.

I have had one done a couple of years ago, heres hoping I relax more this time.

kittykat
12-09-08, 15:40
Good luck with your scan , let us know how you get on xx

Trixie
12-09-08, 18:17
I am having a ct scan today of my sinuses. I rung my ENT consultant the other day as I was feeling really congested and having alot of pain above my eyes he agreed it could well be sinus pain aswell as the facial migrains he diagnosed at my appointment a few weeks ago so he said to be sure I need a CT scan so I am booked in tonight at 5pm. I really am not looking forward to it, I find them quite scary.

I am hoping all will be ok and in a wierd way I hope they find something so they can treat it but on the other hand I hope all is clear.

A little part of me is worried they might find something alot worse like a tumour because the pain I have is mainly over left eye, ear and left eye can get fuzzy at times but I guess everyone fears these things when having a ct scan and if they do find something then its better to know and get treated rather than not knowing but heres hoping nothing like that will be found:winks:

I get my results wednesday but do you think if I ask they could tell me if there was anything nasty there:winks: lol!

They will not tell you if you have a brain tumour (they never told me) I was told when I saw the consultant a few weeks later. Don't worry it'll be sinus problems.:D

Sallysdream
12-09-08, 23:54
How did it go Libby?