PDA

View Full Version : New on here need some advice

She m
12-09-08, 13:34
Hello i'm a newbie 2 this i am just after some advice don't know where to turn really.
Right here goes....suffer with panic and health anxiety for 3 years now some days are good some are really bad get about 1 dat a week where i feel a bit more human than other days
i was taking the other week amisulpride 50mg i have taken them for about 12 months but not regular on the odd occasion, but last week i took 50mg regular don't know if it's linked but i get really bad heart ectopic beats when i mean bad about 400 skipped beats a day just wondering is this a side effect from this medication???
aslo when i was taking zispin 15mg i suffered bad heart paplpatations so i stopped them and the heart palpatations stopped.I have had ecg that was fine but my heart didn't skipp a beat when i had it done.. but when i went to the dr's he detected it straight away he's given me propanalol to help but it doesn't do a thing any one else have similar experienses
also i have really bad health anxiety..
p.s had a heart scan about 10 months ago that was all clear should i worry or not about this PLEASE HELP:weep:

pinkpiglet
12-09-08, 22:35
Hi She m,
I can't help you when it comes to meds as i'm new to all this but i just wanted to say a BIG:welcome: to NMP, i hope you find it as reassuring and comforting as i have.

I'm sure someone will have some advice for you, just hang in there!

decca
14-09-08, 22:29
Hi,
Yes the published info on this drug mentions these side effects in particular QT prolongation and your Dr. will be aware of this ,but so long as you've had a recent ECG trace and your GP is aware that you are getting the side effects all should be well,try not to worry as it can make palps and ectopics worse.

Best wishes
Decca.