PDA

View Full Version : I went on ... THE BUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangeblossom
12-09-08, 16:43
I had an extraordinary experience today - my therapist and I went on THE BUS!!

I haven't been anywhere near a bus in almost a decade so, as you can imagine, it was a HUGE deal for me!

I had a pretty spectacular panic attack on the bus, but my therapist held my hand, got me breathing properly and we stayed on it until we ended up on the other side of the River Thames and my legs were like jelly (although my face had the biggest grin on it ever!) when I got off the bus. We walked across the bridge back to the Aldwych and took a stroll until we got back on the bus back to the office.

The second bus ride was a doddle!

It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to share that - I know we usually write about how challenging something is, but I wanted to say that I'm finally getting somewhere with this panic (as in, I'm really starting to kick it out of my life!)

milly jones
12-09-08, 16:53
waaaaayyyyy heeeeeyyyyy

really well done thats super news

love mill xxxx

pinkchic
12-09-08, 16:58
Thats brilliant news!!!

Ahhhhhhh!! So happy for you!!!

You give me hope!! Fab news!! xxx

breeze25
12-09-08, 17:00
Thats brilliant well done, you must be so pleased.

MandiMoon
12-09-08, 17:01
Well Done !! Its so great to achieve these things ! I so wish I had such good support ! These Therapists sound great !

Venus Calling
12-09-08, 17:11
That's great!! Well done - what an achievement!! :D

Meltdown
12-09-08, 17:12
That's a real achievement! well done!

One of many steps to beating panic! It can be beaten!

lorac
12-09-08, 17:19
Hi

Well done that was a great achievement and I am so pleased you are making progress.

Carol

its all good
12-09-08, 17:28
Yipeeeeeeeee! well done:) , keep up the gud work, am so happy 4 u xx

Anxious_gal
12-09-08, 17:48
:yesyes: WELL DONE! thats so great! thanks for sharing x :D

celeste
12-09-08, 17:56
Well done to you! :yesyes: :yesyes:

nettles
12-09-08, 18:50
Well done Orange!
If you ever need a companion in London travel I'm happy to join you on buses and tubes for support.
Nettles X

orangeblossom
13-09-08, 10:43
Thank you SO much for all of your incredibly kind words and congratulations! It means a lot to me to be able to share successes as well as (occasional!!!) failures with people who genuinely understand

:-)

HeatherMc
13-09-08, 14:16
Well done and good luck I bet you had a shock when you saw how much the bus fare was!

as they say from small acorns, keep it going.

love

Heather

orangeblossom
18-09-08, 23:45
haha - yes, it was a bit of a shock to the system to find out how much it now costs to go on the bus(!)

Had a bit of a blip this week - not really gone out much, certainly not on the bus just yet, but am regrouping and plan to leap on a bus soonish!

I'm so glad my therapist made me stay on the bus until my panic abated - I don't associate it so much with complete and utter terror as I did before... clearly working through your panic, however ridiculously scary and dreadful it is, works...

Well, bring on the next time I guess!

LOL - I'm already nervous!!!

Divinely Desolate
19-09-08, 00:09
I had an extraordinary experience today - my therapist and I went on THE BUS!!

I haven't been anywhere near a bus in almost a decade so, as you can imagine, it was a HUGE deal for me!

I had a pretty spectacular panic attack on the bus, but my therapist held my hand, got me breathing properly and we stayed on it until we ended up on the other side of the River Thames and my legs were like jelly (although my face had the biggest grin on it ever!) when I got off the bus. We walked across the bridge back to the Aldwych and took a stroll until we got back on the bus back to the office.

The second bus ride was a doddle!

It was WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to share that - I know we usually write about how challenging something is, but I wanted to say that I'm finally getting somewhere with this panic (as in, I'm really starting to kick it out of my life!)

Nice one Orange! you'll find it will get more easier as you go on but without the "side effects" big hug from everyone :hugs: :yesyes:

Davvid
19-09-08, 09:54
Congratulations Orangeblossom !
What a great achievement.
All the best, Dave.