PDA

View Full Version : Managed to get to Town

Carol27
13-09-08, 10:35
Hi all, today i managed to get to Town, i clutched my rock( my dear husband Stephen) all the way, i was shaking, near to tears and the thoughts 'i'm possessed' were coming in every few seconds. Although i didn't have a major panic attack i did feel very uneasy and anxious. I tried to let the thoughts be there but it was so hard as they seem so real, i did try to argue with them and say there's no such thing but that made it worse. Am i doing it right by letting them be there, i'm just concerned that by doing that they may never go away, will my strong emotional reaction to them then get less and less, thanks Carol x

pinkpiglet
13-09-08, 10:42
Poor you carol, but WELL DONE for going into town (i'm still in my pjs)
I don't know much about your dilema but i figure that by arguing with this thing is like accepting that it's there (which you know it isnt really)
But i don't know what i'd do in this situation. Your 'rock' sounds amazing. What does he think about it all, can he help answer your question? he knows you better than anyone:yesyes:

HeatherMc
13-09-08, 14:21
Well done Carol, you sound like a real fighter,

Heather

Veronica H
13-09-08, 19:12
:yesyes: Well done Carol, I know how much you have been trying to deal with these thoughts from reading your previous posts. You will win this. My heart goes out to you, as these particular thoughts are nasty, but remember they are the same as any other threat we latch on to when our nerves are sensitised.

Veronica

Anxious_gal
13-09-08, 19:56
WELL DONE! be proud of yourself :D .
as far as having thoughts, you also try to think happy thoughts 2. like i am ok, i can do this. wow i'm going for a walk. im doing very well.
i find the more you go out the easyer it will get.
when i get bad thoughts i block them, or i tell my self they are just thoughts. i dont know if thats the best way to go about it.