PDA

View Full Version : 2 steps forward, 10 steps back- help

thoughts and actions
13-09-08, 12:49
hi guys

I put a thread on this week regarding going back to work.

I had 2 shifts this week- wed and today.

On wed i did have a massive panic attack in work but was fine after it- i then had 2 days off and have felt really weird- really anxious panicky and dont really know why

I have come into work again today and feel panicky- not as bad as i would- my stomach was really bad this morning (horrible i know) N i just wanna cry

Ppl say to expect set backs but i feel like i have been doing so well but now am back at work am going downhill again- i suppose i just need reassurance from u all that this is just a set back and coz i am back at work- its new surroundings- i honestly nearly drove home this morming but i didnt i stayed and i am enjoying it - i almost feel like a failure and dont wanna put this thread on coz i honeslty was beliving i was better- i know u all understand

advise help anything

xx

feels_like_home
13-09-08, 13:13
Hi,
You are doing really well. You have just added something new to your routine (work) and that can cause a little stress. I think you are doing really well. I know you are not feeling good 100 percent of the time, but you are enjoying some of it and you stay. That is such a positive stp forward. As you get used to being back at work you will feel less anxious.
Take care.
Michelle

Anna C
13-09-08, 13:39
Hi,

You said you nearly drove home, - but you didn't you stayed and then you even enjoyed being there. :yesyes: Even when you panicked you said it wasn't as bad as it has been. Although you found it difficult there are alot of positives in what you have said, I think this shows how much progress you have made!
I think once you get into the routine of going back to work it will become easier.
Anna xx

polly123
13-09-08, 19:14
Hiya
Well done for going back to work and sticking it out, that in itself is a major hurdle to overcome, from my experience its natural to have these set backs hun ive had many, this is the first full week at work i have managed for 8 months so im feeling really please with myself keep up the good work
all the best to you
POLLY

titchjd
13-09-08, 19:26
Hiya m8 ...1st of all well done for going in 2 work for your second shift :D
You are definately not a failure and what u are experiencing is totally normal,and remember u went in both shifts even feeling anxious ..you didnt turn and go home ..this is a big step m8 .

The more you go 2 work and let the anxiety come and go the less it will happen ..so heres a big hug:bighug1: and be pleased with your self m8 xxxx

Titch xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx