PDA

View Full Version : sore area inside mouth

louise0501
13-09-08, 14:14
hey, i woke up today with a sore area in the inside of my cheek and i just wondered what you thought it could be? i'm obviously freaking out that it might be mouth cancer. anyone else experienced this before?
Please reply
Love Louise

chris q
13-09-08, 14:22
its most likely a mouth ulcer just coming throu i know how easy it is to let your mind run away with you but its just your anxiety geting the better of you try to chill a bit your fine trust me

Ddcoo
13-09-08, 16:21
I very often wake up in the morning with a sore patch in my mouth and I have found out that I grind my teeth a lot while I'm asleep and sometimes actually bite my cheek, so don't worry too much. Give it a couple of days and see if it heals.

vikki.871
13-09-08, 21:01
Hi Louise,

Do you take any medications. Its nice to finally meet someone who freaks out about something so simple but I do all the time, yes I perminately have sores in my mouth. I do smoke and NO i dont have mouth cancer but I can tel you that depression, anxiety and medication can do a number of things to our bodies and making your mouth sore is one of them.

So dont worry (well try not too) if you need to talk wb

Vikki xx

louise0501
13-09-08, 23:04
the soreness now seems to be right at the back of my mouth near my gums, i can't really have a look at it because it is so far back. any ideas?
please reply
luv louise

nomorepanic
13-09-08, 23:08
Yes I have this

Went to see doc and he said see dentist

I have a tooth that has a slight rough edge and it rubs on cheek and made it so sore.

It is nothing

LeeBee
13-09-08, 23:20
Sounds like a mouth ulcer to me. I get them quite often. They can be induced by stress. Try rinsing your mouth with salt and baking soda - about half a tablespoon of each in warm water. It's gross but it does help. :)

louise0501
13-09-08, 23:29
the soreness does feel like i have an ulcer but i don't think there is an ulcer there although i can't actually see coz it is so far back

LeeBee
13-09-08, 23:38
When they first come up you can't always see them; they tend to go white and yellow as they heal up. Also, they can be really tiny even though they hurt a lot. Try not to worry too much - it's really most likely to be an ulcer. Try stuff like the salt water rinse to ease the pain and see your doctor if it hangs around for more than a couple of weeks. It won't go away immediately and stressing about it won't make it go away any faster :).

jotom
13-09-08, 23:42
I sometimes find using a fairly strong mouthwash for a few days helps with any soreness in the mouth. I get this quite a lot and find this helps me...

Jo

alexis
14-09-08, 00:44
Bonjela is great stuff too, after a mouth wash, Ive got a very sore mouth at the moment,

Sallysdream
14-09-08, 00:57
You are probably having TMJ/TMD and biting on your cheeks like me. Jaw probs are stress related and give headache