PDA

View Full Version : Hi my name is Chrissie.

chrissie42
30-11-03, 13:49
:)

I have had panic/anxiety Disorder for 21 yrs.. and 6 yrs ago after battling with this disorder, I developed Agoraphobia.
At the moment I am working towards recovery and starting to enjoy life again after living in this nightmare.

I am also in the middle of writing a book...a self help/hand book for those who suffer Panic disorder.

The main inspiration for writing this book are the countless people I have come across who feel alone,trapped and isolated by this disorder and how most say I just wish I could have known ONE person who knew how I felt.

I have been on the road towards recovery for a little over a year now and feel I could help so many people....I hope I can help here too.

Much love Chrissie. xox

chrissie

benoo5
30-11-03, 16:29
hya chrissie,

welcome,i think you will be a valued member of this site..well done on your recovery,so far,and good luck with your book.

please post in the <success stories> topic,its very new,and we could do with some more good news,i am sure your story will inspire others..hope to chat with you...best wishes..bryan.

nomorepanic
30-11-03, 16:41
Hi Chrissie

Welcome aboard. We would love to hear more from you. Please take some time to read the posts and offer any advice you can.

Good luck with the book.

Nicola

Lottie32
01-12-03, 08:49
Hello Chrissie

Well you certainly won't feel the only "one" here. I feel so much better since I found this site - before nobody really understood, although they tried, but now I know there are lots of other "mad" people out there apart from me. And it's made me feel much better.

Please read the success stories, and the humour colomn. One or two people have said this site is negative, but if you read these sections, you will find that the we try to be positive and have a laugh about how they are. Bryan is one to watch out for!

Hope the site helps

Charlie

sadie
01-12-03, 21:43
Hi Chrissie

Well done for writing your book in the midst of your recovery. I look foward to your input on this site and would appreciate it if you could pass on any information which is not already mentioned on this site to help us all on the road to recovery.

Ever since I have found this site.. my husband says I am a lot more positive about my anxiety and he thinks that chatting to others has definetly helped me understand and cope with it all. I no longer feel alone and as if I am going off my head!! Thanks to everyone who has helped me!

I hope we can help you along your road of recovery!

sadie