PDA

View Full Version : old dreams and childhood flashbacks

suzuki
21-05-05, 17:10
Does anyone experience througout the day old dreams coming into thier heads or memories from childhood places flasing in thier minds. Its really distressing me. is it because i'm in a high anxiety state this is happening to me. I've got where i'm not sure whats normal anymore. Sue

mico
21-05-05, 18:40
Hi Sue

I sometimes have old memories and such drifting seemingly out of nowhere, but at the same time, I don't find them distressing.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I've got where i'm not sure whats normal anymore.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

It's hard to tell unless you give a little more detail, but that's a common complaint of depersonalisation/derealisation, which is a common symptom of anxiety.

There has been many posts on the subject, so it may be worth your while doing a search, you may find you can relate to some of people's experiences.

mico

EmmaJane
21-05-05, 18:56
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I sometimes have old memories and such drifting seemingly out of nowhere, but at the same time, I don't find them distressing.
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Im the same as Mico. I must admit I didnt know it could be to do with depersonalisation/derealisation. So Ive learnt something new:D

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

lotus
21-05-05, 19:55
Hey, when my anxiety was at its worst, I used to get sudden memories /mostly from my childhood/ and flashbacks all the time. Things that I didn't even think I could have possibly remembered, very small details ect. were coming back to me. I also used to get very vivid, realistic dreams and sometimes I couldn't shake the atmosphere of a certain dream all day long. I'm sure it was due to the anxiety.

I even posted a topic on the subject:

memories (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2751)

Don't worry about it too much, when your anxiety subsides the flashbacks will stop.

Take care

sal
22-05-05, 02:26
Hi Sue

Yes i do and it has taken me about 6 years where i have realised that it isnt my fault but it still gets to me and affects me when i feel anxious so i do understand how you feel and it isnt easy and anyway i can offer you support let me know.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

suzuki
22-05-05, 07:40
I'd just like to thank you all for your replies you are all very supportive and very helpful thankyou.