PDA

View Full Version : I cant stop eating!!! HELP ME PLEASE SOMEONE

vikki.871
13-09-08, 21:08
Please please someone help me! Im on citalopram and some days i could just eat and eat until im nearly throwing up. I dont know what to do, ive been on these tablets for nearly 4 years now and im constantly putting on weight but petrified of coming off my tablets please can someone help me out :(

countrygirl
13-09-08, 21:14
Did the overeating only start after you took the tablets??? Or is it something that has started recently???

traciec39
15-09-08, 00:34
Hi There

The same thing happened to me on mirtazapine, i got so fat but i was never full. I literally could eat 24/7 ,y poor belly was rumbling all the time.
however, when none of my clothes fitted and bending down became a problem i thought ok...now its time for change, so i went to the docs and told her, she changed my pills to sertaline (the lowest dose) and ive never been better. Dont worry because as soon as you stop those pills the weight drops off. Im still on sertraline and i do believe that anti depressants make us put on weight and slow the metabolism...but i would rather be well and fat than anxious and thin

Good Luck sweetie
Luv tracie x

kendo59
15-09-08, 01:04
STEP AWAY FROM THE DOUGHNUTS!

elasticated waistbands are a godsend.

bab
15-09-08, 14:42
I def put weight on on meds - kendo u make me giggle