PDA

View Full Version : How can i switch panic off

Carol27
14-09-08, 09:05
Hi, i needed surgery and was on morphine for 5 to 6 weeks then i stopped it dead nearly three weeks ago, since then i have been in constant panic and anxiety with awful thoughts, i can't stop shaking, my mind is racing, all my muscles are tense and i feel like i've been plugged into the mains, my arms and legs tingle and i feel terrified, how can i stop this, i've tried everything, love Carol x

Zotamis
14-09-08, 09:12
Hi, i needed surgery and was on morphine for 5 to 6 weeks then i stopped it dead nearly three weeks ago, since then i have been in constant panic and anxiety with awful thoughts, i can't stop shaking, my mind is racing, all my muscles are tense and i feel like i've been plugged into the mains, my arms and legs tingle and i feel terrified, how can i stop this, i've tried everything, love Carol x

Hello carol,
clarify "Ive tried everything"

My advice is simply try to calm yourself down (I know its hard)
Do you have a hobby? If not try to do somthing that will take your mind off these things.

LeeBee
14-09-08, 09:54
hi carol, have you spoken to your doctor about this, as part of your post-operative care? It sounds like you're suffering withdrawal effects from stopping the morphine, but after 3 weeks that probably should have settled down. I'd talk to your doctor if you haven't already. Apart from that just be kind to yourself and try things that will help your muscles relax, as it sounds like muscle tension it is causing the worst of your symptoms - maybe a warm bath, meditation, walking whatever works for you. Good luck, hope you feel better soon :).