PDA

View Full Version : thought I'd better say something!

lara
21-05-05, 20:07
Hi - don't know whether I'm in an appropriate place... I read a piece in the Independent about nomorepanic. I have this thing about feeling anxious when I wake up in the morning - like a sense of loss of control overnight. After an hour or so I get in the swing and feel OK again, getting on pretty well, often very well, with the business of the day. I go to sleep, again mostly without a problem, but in the morning the anxious feeling is back and it feels like I'm back to square one. This has been the case for years. I feel it is a confidence thing and perhaps the defences are down overnight! I have to say it doesn't happen so much when it's holiday time! It just feels so unnecessary an experience and to return to it pretty much every morning, like Groundhog Day!!. Does anyone else get this?

lara

alexis
21-05-05, 20:13
Hi Lara and welcome to the site, Im sure you will get lots of help here, I often wake up panicky but I also have other things so perhaps not the best one to answer to you but rest assured there will be someone else along soon, why not pop into chat too, we have a laugh as well as dicscussing serious matters.Take care and hope you find the help you are liooking for Love Alexis

lin
21-05-05, 20:36
Hi Lara

Welcome to the forum,i had this problem not long ago wud wake in the morning and my stomach wud churn and feel slightly anxious it wud only last for a few hours then go away.

It lasted for 4 days after i had a bad bout of anxiety can't understand y that stayed, i just made myself busy round the house then it wud go until the nxt day. Now it's gone completely.

I'm sure it will go it's going to take time,anxiety is a slow process.

take care
linda xx

florence
22-05-05, 00:11
Hi Lara

Welcome to the forum.
The morning panic or anxiety is very common for a lot of sufferers, I have been thru it myself. Thank god , it's not too bad at the moment, happens occasionally.
Anyway, I hope that you'll find this site useful and I am sure you'll see many people with similar experiences.
Kind regards.
Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

clickaway
22-05-05, 00:16
Hi Lara and welcome to the site.

Every morning I wake up very tired and, more often that not, shakey. I know that so many of us suffer a bad morning feeling in one way or another.

If you have a more active lifestyle (I don't have family or work commitments) then maybe it will be easier for you to battle through this. Of course, once up, I gradually become more awake and calm down, feeling part of the real world once again:D.

So you heard about us through the Independent? Do you still have the edition??

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

sal
22-05-05, 02:10
Hi Lara

Welcome to the site. Firstly you are not alone and that can be such a boost knowing that people understand. We will help you all we can and you will get lots of friendly advice and support on here.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

seh1980
22-05-05, 11:05
hi Lara,

I have the same problem. Every day I wake up, it's the exact same feeling of panic that I had the day before. One thing that I have been trying lately is positive thinking when I get into bed. As simple as it sounds, saying something like "tomorrow I will be fine" when I get into bed does help..

Sarah :D

henri
22-05-05, 19:44
hey lara,
this is exactly what i get in the mornings - i think that low confidence definitely has something to do with it in my case, i feel like i don't have the strength or confidence to go into work and deal with it all. and i definitely don't get it when i'm on holiday!
i don't know what the solution is. i tried CBT, which really helped me as it's all about positive thinking and changing negative/destructive thought patterns. but i also find that forcing a good breakfast down me helps!
henri

Meg
22-05-05, 21:53
Hi Lara

You are right in that at night is when our subconcious deals with 'stuff ' including whats bothering us and if you're nervous and anticipating issues when you go to sleep its will fester overnight.

Going to sleep as happy and calm and optimistic as possible does help as Seh says. Even if you have to pretend ..give it a go..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
22-05-05, 22:32
Hi Laura

W are all here for you. You take care of yourself and we will help you all we can.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

lara
22-05-05, 22:57
Hi and thanks for so many quick replies. I'll try the positive thinking when I go to bed and it does feel better to know that others get a similar thing. I do know that when I do confront difficult issues and gain a degree of control/satisfaction I can then wake up and 'log on' to that positive experience which is really good and then I want to get on and get involved with the day. I actually have a lot of positive experience in my life - the tricky thing is hanging on to that knowledge when I feel bad. I do try to tell myself that it will pass.

Sorry, no, I don't have the Independent article. As I recall the focus of it was the promotion of the CBT approach to panic attacks.

lara

sal
22-05-05, 23:01
Hi Lara

My biggest step forward was realising that how i felt i wasnt alone and this site has showed me that and i hope it does you. Hope you sleep well and we are all here for you.

Love Sal xx

lara
24-05-05, 08:33
Hi,

I'm just about to grab the day. Looks and feels sunny! and receiving your responses is making a difference to how I'm viewing things.

lara

seh1980
24-05-05, 10:56
Hope you have a nice day Lara!! Wish the sun were out here..:D

Meg
24-05-05, 14:28
Great Lara... thats the attitude of success.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
24-05-05, 23:10
Well done you Lara and i hope you have had a good day.

Love Sal xx