PDA

View Full Version : Can stopping Mirtazapine make you feel sick?

cedlong
14-09-08, 19:36
Hello, I stopped taking Citalopram about 3 weeks ago, and am on day 4 of reducing Mirtazapine to 30mg from 45mg. Can cutting down on it make you feel sick? I'm not feeling too good.

Thanks,
Chris

ElizabethJane
14-09-08, 20:33
Yes definitely. I have felt nauseated in the morning but it goes off during the day. I have cut down from 30mg to 15mg. You might be experiencing withdrawal symptoms. Is your doctor intending you to stop the mirtazapine completely?

cedlong
14-09-08, 20:40
Thanks for the reply!
Um, er, well...no. I was put in Citalopram but stopped it after 3 weeks. I went cold turkey. That was about 2-3 weeks ago. I raised the Mirtazapine dose but am now on day 4 of the usual cocktail of drugs I've taken for ages - 75mg Sertraline and 30mg Mirtazapine.

So I've been fiddling with the medication. Nothing actually works that well, but I don't want to feel nauseous, so I'm going back to what I was on originally.

So, I cut back from 45mg Mirtaz to the doctor-specified 30mg 4 days ago.

ElizabethJane
14-09-08, 21:00
Most anti depressants take 3-4 weeks for you to feel any benefit from taking them. During this time you are most likely to experience side effects. For me with mirtazapine these included numbness, tingling lips, depersonalisation, excessive daytime sleepiness, vivid ningtmares, weight gain. You need to go through this period of adjustment before you experience any benefit.The benefits were mood lifting, sleeping much better, less suicidal thoughts, less paranoia. Hope this helps.