PDA

View Full Version : Scared of sex (sorry..tmi)

Sallysdream
14-09-08, 22:26
:shades: This is very awkward, but I am scared to have sex with my husband, can't even tell him why. This is because of my scare of anuresyms. My ex father in law died 9 years ago of one and suddenly I am scared. The doctors at the time told me that t can be easly caused by an orgasm or going to the toilet or anything else which may strain you. My neck and jaw ache does not help, and also tension headaches and sometimes eyes feel strained and tired and feel like the are hurting and then I get really frightened.

Sorry too much info, but wondered if I was the only one like this

xx:weep:

sam08
14-09-08, 22:50
aweee, it must be so difficult for you.
I am not surprised you have this worry after losing someone due to that.
You will be fine honestly, just try to keep your mind in focus that it isnt going to happen to you. Its a horrible thing when you get anxious about somthing, it all just seems to spiral.
Please dont worry about this, easier said than done as i am the worlds worst worrier, but try to think of the times that you did have sex and when you did do something strenuous, you were ok then, you were fine and you still are...
I hope i am not rambling too much, but my aunties hubby had a heartattack a few years back and had a bypass, anyways my aunt was forever thinking it was going to happen to her, any little pain she got she thought this is it, so she went to talk to someone and they told her that it was normal for her to have these fears etc and eventually she was fine again but it took time. She even went to the hospital 4 times and had her heart monitered every time just to be reassured.
If you get really bad have a talk with your gp and tell him/her how you feel and ask if there is anything to be done to reassure you and put your mind at rest.
hope this helps you a little, sorry if I have gone on a little bit.
sam x

Sallysdream
14-09-08, 23:26
Thanks Sam. That is so nice of you. I have spoken to my gp about fears etc (not this one in particular, but all the others) and they just said "start to reason your thoughts and you will be fine....take these tabs.....bye"

kendo59
15-09-08, 01:21
"The doctors at the time told me that t can be easly caused by an orgasm"

Well, you could just have sex, and not bother having orgasms, if it's that much a problem. hehe

Sallysdream
15-09-08, 01:25
"The doctors at the time told me that t can be easly caused by an orgasm"

Well, you could just have sex, and not bother having orgasms, if it's that much a problem. hehe

lol...what's the point? honestly its not about that so much...more about the thought that something could happen...even on the loo...

pooh
15-09-08, 03:14
i cant believe you replied with that kendo lmfao typical male i take it hubby would get to have his though lol lol how about thiking of it as what a way to go just in the millions to one chance it probably wont happen lol

Pooh x

Trixie
15-09-08, 06:21
:shades: This is very awkward, but I am scared to have sex with my husband, can't even tell him why. This is because of my scare of anuresyms. My ex father in law died 9 years ago of one and suddenly I am scared. The doctors at the time told me that t can be easly caused by an orgasm or going to the toilet or anything else which may strain you. My neck and jaw ache does not help, and also tension headaches and sometimes eyes feel strained and tired and feel like the are hurting and then I get really frightened.

Sorry too much info, but wondered if I was the only one like this

xx:weep:

When you leave the house each day you could get run over and killed. When you change a light bulb you could fall off the ladder and break your neck.
When you cut the lawn you could cut through the cable (always use a circuit breaker) and have an electric shock fall on a sharp object and die. You could trip in the kitchen whilst carrying a knife and fall on it severing a major artery .

The list of possibilities goes on but it doesn't stop us doing these things and neither should the fear of having an aneurysm stop you from having sex.

If we worried about what might happen we would never do anything. It is not as if the person who died was a blood relative. None of us know what the future holds but we just have to plod on with life...........what is the alternative.:)

Sallysdream
15-09-08, 08:37
you are so right. I am telling this myself all the time,but when that is in your mind you start to loose the quality of life and you start to become very upset.

xMckenzie16x
15-09-08, 17:27
sumtyms wen im havin sex lol..i get scared im guna have a panic attack half way through lol..but neva have n ii just mke it uncomfortable 4 myself by feelin panicky

but it hasnt stopped me yet hehe

but yh im sure it kant do much harm..just try an think pos

not sure dat helps but gd luck :) lol x

smcc8172
15-09-08, 19:43
I can sympathise with the jaw/neck tension and the eye probs, have had the jaw thing for ages MRI scan revealed arthritus in my jaw bone now I wear a gum sheild at night to stop me clenching my teeth (anxiety!) have had the eye thing for about a week since I went to have a routine eye test and the oprtician told me floaters were nothing to worry about......I WASNT WORRIED but I am now....thanx a lot. The sex thing cant help you with, but if you do it once and suvive I guess you could give another go lol