PDA

View Full Version : Funny Lights In My Eyes When I Look At The Sky

leon_telford
15-09-08, 09:08
All,

Everytime I look at the sky in day light hours I see funny shapes in my eyes that move around, almost like the bright lights (or stars I see when having an attack) but they aint bright. Almost dark lights moving around!

I only get this when I look at a very bright white thing.

What is it?

Booked into an eye exam at Spec Savers, however my vision is actually OK, both short shighted and long sighted!

Thanks

Sallysdream
15-09-08, 09:28
I think that is normal. I think everybody gets that when loking at bright light. It should usually stop after few minutes.

leon_telford
15-09-08, 09:40
Just weird how I get it even if its a overcast day and the Sun aint out

pinkpiglet
15-09-08, 09:51
Are they like specks?

robertz
15-09-08, 09:53
i wouldnt worry to much about that, everytime i look in the sky, read with a white backround, or even now while im writing this i see squggly lines (some are bigger then others and some are black and some are see through). i went to the eye doctor less then a week ago and asked him because i was all freaked out, he told me that its perfectly normal and that you can get more as you get older. i first noticed them a few years ago but didnt get anxiety about them till i used google for what it could be.
not sure if thats what your talking about but if it is i hope this helps :)

leon_telford
15-09-08, 10:00
Are they like specks?

Yes just like that!

Keep moviing they do

leon_telford
15-09-08, 10:02
i wouldnt worry to much about that, everytime i look in the sky, read with a white backround, or even now while im writing this i see squggly lines (some are bigger then others and some are black and some are see through). i went to the eye doctor less then a week ago and asked him because i was all freaked out, he told me that its perfectly normal and that you can get more as you get older. i first noticed them a few years ago but didnt get anxiety about them till i used google for what it could be.
not sure if thats what your talking about but if it is i hope this helps :)

Yeah that pretty much sums it up what I'm seeing, only really see it when its something bright/white I look at

robertz
15-09-08, 10:17
yeah the bright really brings them out. you should be fine:)

janeybaby25
15-09-08, 10:31
yeah i got that too, im short & long sighted too. don't worry about it. if they say your vision is ok, you are fine. x

Anxious_gal
15-09-08, 11:01
sunspots maybe?

nomore
15-09-08, 11:28
Those things are called "floaters" and, like everyone else has said, are pretty common. Absolutely nothing to worry about! :)
A lot of people have them but never notice them. They become more visible if you look at a blue sky or any other bright background or in incandescent lighting conditions.
I started noticing them one day and freaked out. Went to eye doctor and they did a comprehensive exam and confirmed that what I was seeing were definitely floaters. Said that I've probably had them for a while but didn’t notice before. They also said that the eyes and brain will compensate, as long as I didn't try to focus on the floaters or follow them along with my eyes.
Very annoying and not very easy to get used to but I barely notice them anymore, even when I am anxious/panicky.

leon_telford
15-09-08, 11:47
Those things are called "floaters" and, like everyone else has said, are pretty common. Absolutely nothing to worry about! :)
A lot of people have them but never notice them. They become more visible if you look at a blue sky or any other bright background or in incandescent lighting conditions.
I started noticing them one day and freaked out. Went to eye doctor and they did a comprehensive exam and confirmed that what I was seeing were definitely floaters. Said that I've probably had them for a while but didn’t notice before. They also said that the eyes and brain will compensate, as long as I didn't try to focus on the floaters or follow them along with my eyes.
Very annoying and not very easy to get used to but I barely notice them anymore, even when I am anxious/panicky.

Cheers for that!

Yeah they like float, then float "away".

Move like flys, main thing is its nothing to worry about then :-)

bab
15-09-08, 14:37
I always get like see through circles that i can see when i look up in sky

smcc8172
15-09-08, 19:50
No these are 'floaters' absolutely harmless and were not a problem for me till my optician pointed them out during an eye test a week ago. Flipping woman, I wasnt bothered in the least couldnt even see them.....now I see then all the time and are freeking out about them grrrrrr

kendo59
15-09-08, 20:01
They could be 'floaters'.

In my case, when I was in my 20's, I was in a pub-fight and got glassed in the face, and my eyeball was cut. There are no noticable scars, but apparently there are a few 'dead cells' floating about in the back of my retina, which give the same effect that you describe.

It's like when you look through a microscope and see cells swimming about....
Or when you rub your eyes really hard and then suddenly open your eyes wide, and you see flashes of coloured swirls in mid-air for a few seconds.... well I see that whenever I look at a plain light background.

smcc8172
15-09-08, 20:09
Good post 'nomore' has helped me to know someone has had them and got 'better':hugs:

leon_telford
15-09-08, 20:56
They could be 'floaters'.

In my case, when I was in my 20's, I was in a pub-fight and got glassed in the face, and my eyeball was cut. There are no noticable scars, but apparently there are a few 'dead cells' floating about in the back of my retina, which give the same effect that you describe.

It's like when you look through a microscope and see cells swimming about....
Or when you rub your eyes really hard and then suddenly open your eyes wide, and you see flashes of coloured swirls in mid-air for a few seconds.... well I see that whenever I look at a plain light background.

Yeah just like the "microscope" type effect you described.

Not really bothering me nor is it affecting my vision so all is good.

Have booked an eye exam at the opticians anyhow as due one.

MagnusMethos
26-06-12, 22:59
Ok, I have better than average vision, I don't do drugs and I see the small glowing balls of light that take of with squiggly lines about the same length every time I look out toward light. I was looking out from a garage and could see thousands of them, then I turned toward a regular wall and they were gone. Again edged my eyes slightly toward where the light came in and there they were? I wish I could draw them they resemble a glowing cell moving chaotically but not the chains which people see on their eyes. Hmm...