PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Ladder

Stressed92
15-09-08, 09:56
Hello:)
Below, is my anxiety ladder, the bottom, being the easiest things and the top being the hardest. Just wondering if anyone has any more ideas of things I could put on there, as i'm struggling to think of any more? Also, i would recommend doing one of these, as they help you realise which things are harder than others and help you recover:yesyes:

-Go to town when it's busy
-Shop in Morrison's

-Go to town when it's quiet
-Shop in Aldi, or another small supermarket
-Go for a long walk in the lake district

-Walk through town
-Buy one or two things in Morrison's
-Go to see teachers about work

-Go out for a meal
-Go to the cinema
-Go to a big, quiet shop e.g. Staples

-Go for a walk near my house
-Go to a small, quiet shop

Take care
Amy
x

Anxious_gal
15-09-08, 10:42
wow thats a really good idea, i must make one when i can concentrate more.
did your therapist come up with the idea?
are you working on reaching the top?
i already mark on my calendar all the times i manage to go somewhere .(agoraphobic)
i love seeing all the big X's, the more the better :D

maybe you could put stuff like, staying on your own, going to the dentist? standing up for your self?

Stressed92
15-09-08, 10:52
Hi Mishel
Thanks for your reply
Yes, my counsellor came up with the idea and I'm working on reaching the top, starting with the bottom and repeating them, until I feel happy to try the next 'rung'. Or I can just go up and down, as long as I'm making progress.
Thanks for your ideas, I'll add them on now:D
Amy
x

Anxious_gal
15-09-08, 10:56
YAY :D , I'm gonna try this . ya repeating the bottom ones until your comfortable is a really good idea.
hope it's working for you! x

thoughts and actions
15-09-08, 14:47
hey

I to made an anxiety list that my therapist advised me to do.

To be honest my list was kinda like yours but the other way round i.e. i could shop in morrisons but not go out for a meal.

Once i started to do a few things on the list i changed it to my attitude i.e go shopping and not feel like i am going to die lol

A bit drastic i know but it is really really hard to acheive- the 12th time i had gone round morrisons it wasnt a challenge anymore- and i knew i was avoiding doing other things coz of my anxiety

I have nearly completed my list- only thing left is to go on a plane again and go on holiday ahhhhhh- probably wont be in this place until next year but i know that i am going to do it

xx

xMckenzie16x
15-09-08, 17:18
woo thx amy

im guna make 1 hehe

i can now do things ii wouldnt have dun a few months bk eg. go on a bus on me own widout avin an attack..go in 2 town wid a m8 4 a few hours....but ii can now

but that ladder thingy will help alot more

thanx hehe :) x

Stressed92
16-09-08, 09:53
Hiia
Glad I could give you some help :D
They really do help you get better and you can see how far you have come.
I'm printing mine off today and taking it to counselling:yesyes:
Take Care
Amy
x

LoveMusic
16-09-08, 21:11
Sounds like a good idea, its amazing how diverse people's fears are. For example, even now with panic disorder I like going to the supermarket.