PDA

View Full Version : On/off stomach pains - but why do I always think the worse?

JennyW
15-09-08, 10:20
A couple of months back, I got these sharp stabbing pains really low down on the right side of my stomach - I think as low as where the ovaries are. Anyway, this lasted about 5 days then went as quick as they came. However last week for 1 day it started again and then went. Today they are sort of coming and going but not as sharp. I'm going to get a GP appointment next week just to get checked out but of course I'm worrying about the worse things, ovarian cancer, colon cancer :ohmy: . I had a laporoscopy done last summer for endometriosis and also an internal scan and everything else was fine in there so I'm trying to take some comfort in that but it was a year ago so perhaps something has developed since then?

I cant link the discomfort to anything. Can we get pains without anything being seriously wrong?

Horse
15-09-08, 11:23
Jenny.

Yes, of course we can and do get pains without there being anything wrong with us. For example, I have had stomach pain and discomfort for the past 2 weeks or more. Been to A and E (as usual), had blood tests, xray, urine tested etc............Nothing, except the xray discovered some Constipation.

Great!!!!!!!! As if I didn't have have enough s**t to deal with, now I've got more!

The amount of gas I've been producing would put the North Sea to shame. I am seriously considering getting a job as a Garage Tyrefitter 'inflating'!

My personal diagnosis is either IBS or an ulcer or both. Once again the pleasure of anxiety produces yet another symptom. The Doctor beckons!

Don't forget, we are over sensitive anyway and therefore subject to feeling and noticing every twitch and muscle cramp and discomfort during the day. Consequently, we start worrying, which in turn will produce tension and more acid and more stress. Stress hormones have a breeding cycle more productive that a 'randy rabbit' on Watership Down.

One off the most common signs we notice is normally stomach related. Even headaches can start through the stomach if we are that sensitive.

A check up will do no harm if you are that concerened.

Take care.

Kevin.