PDA

View Full Version : Feeling really ill today

pigtailplaits
15-09-08, 13:35
I have had health anxiety for 7 months now. Some days are better than others but I am coping. Anyway last nite I went to bed early coz i felt really sick. Waves of nausea just overtook me so I went for a lie down. This morning it still there/here. Only now its accompanied by dizziness, headaches and weird vision. I know these are all anxiety symptoms but it just feels different to how it usually does. I have a massive paranoia over brain tumours and thats all i can think about today, I had a clear head ct scan in February but I dont think I can count that anymore coz it was so long ago. I dont want to go back to GP coz he blames anxiety for everything. I just feel really sick. I am trying to look after my 20mt old daughter but I think I might faint.

pinkpiglet
15-09-08, 15:28
Hi there pigtailplaits, I too have a young child, 22 mths and i can really sympathise with you. You are striving to be a good mum but for some reason you just cannot beat your anxiety down. Doesn't it get in the blinkin way? If you had the scan in february then it's highly unlikely that you have anything wrong. These scans show very early changes in your brain and anything at all would have been picked up then. You need to keep telling yourself that it is just anxiety and it will pass. Say it over and over in your head and concentrate on your breathing. You are healthy young mum who happens to have anxiety so it is never going to be easy.
Hang in there chuck and hope you can fight your way out of this soon. Feel free to pm anytime x

Vinny
15-09-08, 15:36
Hi Pinkpiglet

Please try not to worry, what you're describing are classic Health Anxiety symptoms. You must take comfort from the fact that you had a clear CT scan in February which still counts, it wasn't that long ago. I know it's so easy to start have doubts again, we have all done it but I really, really don't think you have anything to worry about. Try and distract yourself and you'll probably find the symptoms will go away.

Take Care x

leah2008
15-09-08, 20:31
I too have a young child, my little girl is 16 months old so i too can sympathis, and just like you my biggest health worry is having a brain tumor, ive been convinced that ive got one since about april, what with having really bad headaches etc. Im even more worried about having one now because ive started going really weak, feeling very dizzy and feeling like my brain is a big smog all i have extreme fatigue, but ive just got to try and accept that its just hopefully anxity x

pigtailplaits
15-09-08, 21:15
Thanks for the replies. It is reassuring to know we are not alone. Its very hard when family and friends dont quite get where you are coming from. I didnt worry about my health at all until my daughter was born but i am now obsessed with my own and other peoples health. In particular a brain tumor for myself. Its also hard coz i know of so many people at the moment with brain tumors, they are apparantly quite rare but I seem to know lots of people suffering. Another symptom I forgot to mention was that my hearing in my right ear shuts off for about 5 seconds and then I am left with a buzzing noise for about 10 seconds. Its very scary - it just makes me freeze still, I wasnt having this symptom when I had my scan so it just adds to my frustration. Anyway thanks so much for taking time to reply