and i am very scared cause im not to sure whats gonna happen
all i no is there will be a group of us

does anyone no what actually happens at the meetings
many thanks
jackie xx

milly jones
15-09-08, 18:06
yes hun ive done group cbt

we first started by talking about confidentiality and that all that was said stays in the room, which is great to help u feel more relaxed

we looked at different symptoms of anx at first and the group joined in as we felt able

i can remember crying thru most of the first session, partly cos i was accepting that i had problems, partly cos i was so pleased that other ppl felt so low too

take a bottle of water, praps a biscuit/sweets for end (ull be knackered) and tissues

pls keep at it hunny, it is painful to release stuff but u do learn loads

and one wornderful thing is that u make good mates who understand u and who u can trust

hope it all goes well for u

good luck xx

milly xx

burberrygirl72
17-09-08, 17:14
thankyou for the advice really scared about tomo but will let ya no how i got on many thanks xx

jill
17-09-08, 17:32
Hi hun :D:hugs:

Just want to say, hope all goes well,

Believe it is possible to solve your problem, really believe and your mind will find ways to do it.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

pooh
19-09-08, 12:13
How did the CBT go?

Pooh x

burberrygirl72
19-09-08, 15:50
the cbt went really well there were bout 7 of us and we talked about how we react to panic etc symptoms triggers etc
gave me some homework to do when i have a panic attack i basically write everything down after how i felt befor it happned and what physical symtoms i have during and after and we will work through them and turn my thoughts into positive ones not quite sure how that works but fingers x
got another 12 more sesions so ill keep ya updated on how i get on
:yesyes::yahoo:

Graz
19-09-08, 20:24
well done burberrygirl, I really wish you a sucessful recovery :)

I personally couldn't bear going to one of these sessions- in a small room trapped with other people for ages...not for me at all!

burberrygirl72
19-09-08, 22:20
yeh me too was like that i had to take diazapan befor i went and was so panicky when i was in there but when i sat and listned to other people going through the same thing i sat there and thought hold on a min im not on my own here we are all the same panicking trembling etc admitantly i did think that seeing some one else panicking would make me feel the same but it didnt it took my mind off my own panic disorder ill keep ya updated what i do next week :yesyes::yahoo:

Jrank1
19-09-08, 22:45
Good job! Work hard on your homework especially the thought countering exercises and eventually it will become your normal way of thinking and feel great. I am living proof of this :D

burberrygirl72
20-09-08, 22:39
thanks for all ya great advise xxx

Jrank1
14-11-08, 17:13
You're welcome. CBT is great stuff if you work on the exercises daily!

Jan63
14-11-08, 17:59
My doctor is referring me for CBT but I don't even know what it is if I'm honest. She told me it would be one to one though and not a group which I'm relieved about.:unsure:

Jrank1
24-05-09, 21:06
Jan I'm not sure why I never saw this reply before? Sorry about that I didn't mean to ignore you. I hope you found a good match with your cbt therapist and have made a lot of progress by now. As I have said before the key is doing the homework between your sessions. I still do the TEA form exercise most everyday and they have helped me immensely. Take care and let me know if you have any further questions and I'd love to hear how it has been going for you?