PDA

View Full Version : help im confused!

donna lou
15-09-08, 19:19
hi everyone:smile:
i have been told by doctors that im suffering anxiety, ive been having dizzy spells & lightheadedness for 3 months now. iv'e seen a councellor whos told me how to deal with it but i can't help thinking that its something else wrong me! when i read about anxiety its got loads of symptoms but i only suffer from the dizzyness,lightheadedness & it sometimes feels like im on a boat when im walking. my councellor told me eventually my symptoms will fade but iv'e tried really hard everyday & done everything im told to do but don't see any signs of it fading, its with me everyday, its draining me now! is it true that it will pass or is it something that does stick around for ages? any advice please
thanks donna

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

milly jones
15-09-08, 19:29
hun the more u think about it the longer the symptoms will be present

then one day ull realise that ur not feeling as anx

pls try and relax and enjoy life to the full

anx and dep ruins ur life if u let it lol

hugs

milly xx

mandie
15-09-08, 19:45
Hi Donna

I really sympthasise with you.

My main panic symptoms are dizzy and lightheadedness.

I know once my anxiety is under control it will go, but i have alot going on at the moment so im struggling

love mandie x

Bill
16-09-08, 03:44
ive been having dizzy spells & lightheadedness for 3 months now. iv'e seen a councellor whos told me how to deal with it but i can't help thinking that its something else wrong me!

Will it "just" pass?.....no.
Will it go on forever?....no.

Why? Because you need to identify the causes and learn how to deal with them.

So...what are the causes? Well, my guess is that you were under alot of pressure at work which created alot of stress for you. The stress then made you feel tense and this tension caused you to tighten all your muscles which would restrict your normal breathing causing you to shallow breathe which would cause an imbalance of oxygen/carbon dioxide in your body............which would cause your dizzy spells and lightheadedness.

Then no doubt these symptoms have created more stress causing you to "turn in on yourself" causing you to worry you must be physically ill which would then intensify the symptoms because the cycle is constantly repeated.

So...how do you deal with it? Well, if you can't find ways of reducing your workload or feel unable to change jobs to something less stressful and more enjoyable, you then need to learn how to deal with these symptoms.

So....how do you deal with shallow breathing? Learn how to relax by taking Long deep breaths to create the right balance of oxygen/carbon dioxide again which then prevents the symptoms. Also learn how to relax your muscles to relieve tension.

Then...because the symptoms are being treated, the worries over your physical health will also ease and the cycle will stop.

Remember, too much stress = panics = worries = more stress = panics.:hugs:

Tomimo
16-09-08, 20:36
Dizziness and lightheadedness have always been one of my main symptoms.

I won't lie to you - it wopn't just go away and it can be bloody scary BUT it does get easier and when things are good I don't notice it at all or if I do it doesn't scare me......

I have ben totally convinced that I must hae a brain tumour or something sinister but I'm still here!

Annie x