PDA

View Full Version : hi am struggling

becs
15-09-08, 21:04
i have very quickly developed anxiety symptoms and experiencing panic attacks just started citalapram , worst physical symptom is the constant tingling/ burning like sensation on face and scalp and now feling like why have i started onthe meds made my anxiety heightened and racing heart i really hate this i know i need to stay positive and focus on getting better and give myself time but it s just so so hard had to call my manager at work to take time off work cant work at moment because of symptoms and unstable mood keep crying feel overwhelmed by this . i have two children and a very supportive hubby so they keep me going and stop me from thinkin i cant go on.

robertz
16-09-08, 07:44
sorry to hear it, hope you feel better soon. :)

anxietyfreak
16-09-08, 08:18
hello...I am new to this site but quite the veteran to anxiety and its overwhelming symptoms. Usually when you start the medication it can give you symptoms that you are talking about. Talk to your doctor about it so he/she can decide whether to switch up the meds...but let me tell you that usually after a few weeks or shorter those symptoms will subside. Thats how it was for me..I hope that helps!

kittykat
16-09-08, 08:35
Hi there and :welcome: to the site,

the meds at first can increase your anxiety symptoms , ive not long started on prozac and mine are quite bad at the mo, but hang in there and it should settle down after a few weeks , tc xx

ian hall
16-09-08, 09:09
hi there you can go on and you will go on. i have had anxiety for a long time you will find away i found one good way a bike out door or indoor and i just go for it .it does help when you get very bad anxiety gets the adrenlin going it does work,
keep going ,
ian,

becs
16-09-08, 13:15
thankyou for every ones replies, becs

shaun
16-09-08, 18:11
hi becs please try not to worry i know its hard i have had panic i cant leave the house i had it for over 10 years years even afected my childhood but i we have to carry on in life i have a 5 year old daugher and a parter god knows how she puts up with me but anyways the point is i know its hard but the bottom line is there only feelings they cant harm you that keeps me going i have only just signed up today cause i have had enough myself so i know how u feel ur not alone on this :)

becs
16-09-08, 19:26
THANKYOU Those are really kind words much appreciated heart felt thoughts to you too

milly jones
16-09-08, 19:41
welcome to our nmp family

love from

milly xxx

bottleblond
16-09-08, 19:45
Hiya

Yeah anxiety meds can make you feel worse before they make you feel better.

Welcome to the site and i hope you feel better soon

Love Lisa
xxx

melmulley
16-09-08, 19:57
hi, so sorry to hear your situation but can so relate to your problems. I've been on tablets for 2mths now. The days are easier than they were at the beginning but anxiety has me in tears most days. I take my daughter to school in the mornings & it feels like a dreaded visit to the dentist every morning. I see a lovely lady for hypnotherapy about it all & feel fantastic for the rest of the day. The next morning i wake full of dread again. The vicious cycle seems to go round & round. I hope you feel brighter very soon :-)

becs
17-09-08, 20:26
i can so relate to what you are saying yesterday i spent all day at home but felt quite calm did nt cry today has been a really high anxiety day managed to take my daughter to ballet and pick my son up from school and my husbund is working nights feel so lonely.
i cant beleive how this affects you in so many ways, i dont feel like eating dont even fancy a cuppa , and i cant concentrate whats so ever ,
there is no way i could go to work i work as a midwife and ifeel that i cant care for anyone else , the worse thing is two of my sisters are going through terrible relationship break ups and i cant be there for them i feel such a over whelming sense of guilt , i keep thinkin if i did nt have to deal with the physical smptoms of anxiety then i could cope and what is crazy i dont even have to feel anxious about anything its just there all the time this is so hard

pooh
18-09-08, 09:42
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x