PDA

View Full Version : I need advice

Jennifer
30-11-03, 19:24
I posted over a month ago w/ Panic. I have a history w/ panic disorder, but I've had a relapse. It's been a bad one... In fact, so bad the I thought it might be something else. But after reading the postings here I know.. I'm dizzy all the time, feelings of panic all the time and lots of anxiety... I had a job partime - and quit for the time being, but now I think I need to go back a couple days a week for the extra money for xmas etc.. any advice would be great - I'm really nervous..I can't take any ssri's I take 10 mlg of proproponal (sp). for now.

nomorepanic
30-11-03, 21:34
Jennifer

The worse thing you can do is give up the job. Not just because of the money but also because it gives you a reason to get up and get out each day.

I carried on going to work throughout my illness and yes I felt bad and dizzy all the time but if I had given it up then I would have never gone back.

Please try to get out there again and look forward.

I too had a relapse and it took me by surprise and I have had to work hard at getting on top of it again - it has not been easy but what else can we do - just give up? that is not like us.

Please try to remain positive and you know that you can do it cos you have done it before.

I wish you all the best

Nicola

diana
01-12-03, 04:47
Hey Jennifer,

Try to get back to work as soon as you can, if you can go back. Like Nicola says it gets us up and out each day, and there are gonna be good days and bad days, but as long as we keep going forward we are not going backwards. that is what we want most not to do is go "BACKWARDS". Keep coming back here to post what you are feeling and how you are feeling. Together we will help you through this, and keep you moving ahead instead of backwards. keep ya chin up dear, it does get better!!!!!

Diana xxxx

Lottie32
01-12-03, 09:44
Hello Jennifer

Try to keep going. I never gave up work and battled through. It was the only thing I definitely did - my social life suffered, but I really think I would have gone "mad" if I hadn't carried on with work. I still be "stuck" in the house now - and once your really down there, it takes a hell of a lot to get back.

Just take each day at a time. Keep taking the propranol. Try and get eight hours sleep. Make some "relax time" for you. Eat well (healthily). Practice the breathing exercises on this site at home when you are relaxed. Don't wait till you are panicky and you need to use them! Try and stay positive. Remember, each day you find a struggle will take you one step closer to feeling better.

It's hard, but stay with it.

Good luck

Charlie

Amanda3266
02-12-03, 12:09
Hi Jen:)

Sorry to hear you've had a relapse with the panic. I've just sent you an e-mail - then I came to the forum and read your post. Hang in there hon - you can get through this.
Is there anybody nearby that you can talk to who might understand - or can you go and stay with relatives for a few days? I found that doing this not only gave me a break but helped me realise that it was all panic. Hardly any symptoms when I wasn't alone.
Keep posting here too as everyone will understand what you are going through.
Let me know how you are - thinking of you

Amanda

Jennifer
04-12-03, 01:58
Hi all.. thanks for the words of encouragment. I'm nervous... But I'll get through it.. I really love everyone hear. The support is great.. because honestly you feel like your crazy.
I had a bad day w/ anxiety. Face was tight all day it was nuts. And the burning in my arms and legs is back, plus lots of tightness in my chest too.. I don't know if 10 mlgs. of propronolol is enough, I'm thinking I may need more, any suggestions on that would be great.
Anyway, I'm gonna keep trucking, that's all I can do right... I'll keep you posted on work, I go back Friday!!!!
xoxox

diana
04-12-03, 05:28
Hiya Jenn,

Hon you sound great!!! sooo much more positive. It seems that alot of the tension has calmed down for you. I know it is still a struggle everyday, but you are making it and "SURVIVING"!!!!! Kudos to you for going back to work on Friday. Just remember if you need encouragement, support, a good laugh or just a comforting word hop on here, we will be here for you. I agree with you about the people on here. I love you all very much, this place feels like home at times. Is`nt it soothing to know that just when you think things are their worst, you can hop on here and someone will be here to guide you, support you and calm your worst fears? It has helped me a bundle, I would`nt give my family here up even if I never had another attack in my life. Which I`m sure is not gonna happen anytime soon. You just keep on truckin Jenn, that and coming here to post is the "best" thing you can do for you!!!!! Keep us posted about the job, and how you are doing.

Take care dear,

Diana xoxoxo