PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

pigtailplaits
15-09-08, 21:27
Hi

Hope this doesnt sound weird. I have had health anxiety for 7months and I have the most upsetting dreams. I am paranoid about cancer in particular brain tumours and since all this started i dream almost every night about cancer or some other illness. People I love telling me they have the disease, I wake up really upset some nights. Ages ago when I was going through the stages of weekly GP visits, he asked me if i had any strange dreams, at the time I wasnt so I said No - but now I am wondering why he asked me. I even dream about friends who i rarely see telling me they have it. Anyone else?

Helen1973
16-09-08, 12:40
Hi pigtailplaits,

I'm currently going through a bad anxiety patch at the moment and my dreams are just bizzarre in the extreme. I'm sure there is a post here somewhere that explains that these dreams are our CNS simply letting out what we've been getting wound up about (sort of venting). I know they are upsetting (I've been getting up several times a night), but they subside once you are feeling calmer.

I imagine your doctor mentioned them simply because it is a symptom of health anxiety and he/she is looking for a way to help you.

:hugs:

Helen1973
16-09-08, 12:54
Sorry for the double post, but I found the thread. It's a sticky up top called common symptoms.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms

Just keep scrolling down until you come to it. I hope this helps.