PDA

View Full Version : i told my friends

thoughts and actions
15-09-08, 22:14
hi guys

On saturday night i went to a house party- there was about 20 ppl there- 5 of which were my closest girl friends.

We all ended up in the bedroom talking and one of them cuddled me and said how nice it was i was there, they didnt know if i was coming or not- at that point something clicked in me- i had to tell them

So i said "you know that excited feeling u get when ure going on holiday or a first date" well at some point during the day i will get that feeling because i have told my body or had a thought that something bad or fearful is going to happen- sometimes i can control it- othertimes it will take over and become panic- (then told them all the symptoms)

They were soooo sympathetic (coz i get emabarrased about it and dont wanna be like this) and it actually made me enjoy the night more coz to be honest once id told them they were like oh okay and talked about something else- it didnt matter- my perception of what they thought i was go8ing through and talked about me 24/7 was wrong- it was like a weight lifted off my shoulders- they didnt mention it again and prob some of them forgot about it lol

Its suprising when u share with ppl what u r going through how many of them have gone through this or know someone that has. I thought my friends would not be my friends n e more and i know now how silly that was of me - i was fearful of the thought that my friends would not be my friends if they knew- that tirggered panic to me when i was around them

Its like claire weekes says if you take the fear out a thought u r left with just the thought- a thought itself is not fearful.

I hopefully, have now enabled my body to react differently when i am out in public with my friensd- and so onto the next chapter

xx

kendo59
15-09-08, 22:18
hi guys

On saturday night i went to a house party- there was about 20 ppl there- 5 of which were my closest girl friends.

We all ended up in the bedroom talking and one of them cuddled me and said how nice it was i was there, they didnt know if i was coming or not- at that point something clicked in me-

I thought for a moment it was going to be a completely different sort of story.. :shades: :whistles:

thoughts and actions
15-09-08, 22:20
lol

yeah just re-read that part oops lol

sorry to dissapoint every1 hehe

pinkpiglet
15-09-08, 22:27
Me too. lol
i thought, 'ooh wheres this going?' i was wrong.
So glad that you could find the strength to open up to your buddies, not many ppl would or could!
It sounds like you'v got such caring and understanding friends.
Oh, and they probably havent forgot, they probably just think they are doin you a favour by not keep questionong you about it. I'm sure they will always be there if you should need them for more heart to hearts.

Have a hug chuck :hugs: x

LoveMusic
16-09-08, 21:10
Well done for telling them xx

Eva May
17-09-08, 11:35
Well done. I know how tough that is. I did it last year and a weight was totally lifted cos b4 I was always making up stupid excuses about why I couldn't go on holidays with them or weekend breaks or stay over at their houses. It's so much easier now

chicken licken
17-09-08, 13:01
well done , Ive only ever hinted around the subject with mabey 2 friends .... and I mean just hinted ....
My other half knows I get a bit flappy and worry , but he has now idea exactly how rubbish I make things for myself , the silly obtrusive thoughts/fears.... and exactly how hellish my panic symptoms are....

I wish I could tell everyone...shout it ....I dont know , just let people know so when Im acting sketchy they now why !! I swear they think Im just odd and sketchy lol!
but like you im embarrassed about it and dont want to appear to be making a fuss or something...... I dont know exactly.

but well done to you ..

seeker
18-09-08, 22:43
Hurray! I told my friends, and they all thought I was a bit mad for a while, but they never stopped inviting me out or talking to me or anything. And then a few years later, most of them had either had panic attacks, or were very close to someone who had panic cattacks, so I became a sort of panic guru - by this time I was mostly over them myself.

Well done you - it takes guts, but friends are usually fantastic in these situations!