PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

blondie26uk
16-09-08, 01:01
Great site you have here

I am sam,28,f,uk

I have recently been diagnosed with a health phobia after 12 years when my brother in law commited suicide and left my sister with 4 young children.I had lost relatives before of which i mourned and moved on but really struggled to get over my brother in law as he was so young.In the early days i would have between 10 and 15 panic attacks a day. Nowadays i have them roughly once every 3 months. All i can say is for those of you who see no light at the end of the tunnel,there is one there. I know were not all the same but after 12 years all i needed was some positive thinking sessions with a mental health worker and a beta blocker i take once a day.I have been where you have all been and still do but very rarely. I can remember the days i dare not go to sleep in fear of dying in my sleep and not being able to go far from the house as it was my comfort zone. I also have spent many night at the hospital trying to convince them i am about to die and then when the panic has passed me by feeling ashamed of myself. I thank my 5 yr old for my progress because i refuse to let panic beat me and let her see me in the states i used to get into and to restrict her lifestyle because of something thats in my head.I went a long time without tackling my issue and it was the worst thing i could have done. I know its easy to say and i know when your in the panic zone nothing can convince you what your eperiencing is safe and nothing is going to happen but you have to find the strength to beat it. Or as i have come to realise you will be old and have wasted your life panicking over something that never happened.I have loads of hints,tips,tricks i have learnt over the years and when i have some free time i will post them up for you to browse through.

Take Care All

Sam
x

jjc6683
16-09-08, 03:15
Sam, thank you for sharing this information it was very motivating and hopeful. I have read several of your posts and it does sound like you have some helpful hints and advice. I look forward to reading these.
Jenn

pinkpiglet
16-09-08, 09:47
Hi Sam , what a lovely, encouraging and positive post. You are quite right, it does pass and i am sure that you will be able to give lots of helpful advice to everyone here at NMP.
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

blondie26uk
16-09-08, 22:14
Thanks both, i feel like i want to help you all as i have been there myself and know that when its bad we never see an end, its like haviong to live with an illness that we believe will never be cured.I am more than happy to personally support anyone here so feel free to mail me any time.It does get better i promise you just have to learn how to get to that road and stay on it.

clare90
16-09-08, 22:36
You are very inspirational, thank you for sharing your story, and well done for getting to stage that you are at now.

milly jones
16-09-08, 22:39
thank you xx