PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

Mudskipper
16-09-08, 13:42
Came home from work Saturday in a hurry to go out again, so I wolfed down about half a French stick just to keep me going during the afternoon. Soon after, I was getting uncomfortable feelings inside and when I had tea later it was uncomfortable every time I swallowed. It's still causing me a problem now, along with a bloated feeling and a certain amount of wind. The logical side of me says "Crusty french bread, eaten in a hurry, not chewed properly, you probably bruised or scraped something on the way down. Add on the pancakes for breakfast and the fish and chips for tea... Of course you're bloated and uncomfortable." The illogical side of me says "Stomach cancer or similar." Somehow the illogical side is far more convincing.

I thought I was getting on top of this with the hypnotherapy and medication to fall back on. Now it feels like I'm back to square one...:meh:

abramellin
16-09-08, 13:45
Hi, I would suggest maybe getting tested to see if you have an allergy or have the celiac test. Bloating after food usually indicates some form of intolerance. If you have a lot of stomach complaints try to see if you can link it to a specific kind of food. I may be stating the obvious here.

Mudskipper
17-09-08, 13:12
Must admit I've never really considered an intolerance causing the bloating. I've usually assumed that bread etc naturally tend to swell up after you eat them. Might be worth getting that checked out, thanks.

abramellin
18-09-08, 07:50
Yea the only reason I say this is that for a years I used to have bouts of intense wind, It caused me a lot of discomfort but I simply brushed it aside, later the allergy became more intense and when I realized that I was gluten intolerant I changed my diet and have had no problems since.

Obviously this might not be the case and you may have an upset stomach from stress, but my father works in the allergy field and a lot of the chronic health problem people get can be attributed to food intolerance.

Take care :)