PDA

View Full Version : Constant headache!

LoopyLoo
16-09-08, 20:50
Hi all!

I've always suffered with anxiety but this last week it seems to have got worse.

I'm suffering from a constant headache & giddy feeling, not sure if its anxiety related, have booked my eye in to be tested on Thursday, but just sick of this headache now & need to get rid of it! Any ideas??????

Thanks in advance. xx

belle
16-09-08, 20:56
I have headaches, every-single-day. Wake up with one, go to sleep with one, day in, day out.

jasper
16-09-08, 21:32
Hi Loopylou

I get loads of headaches, they can last up to 10 days. Have you tried '4head', it is a stick that you rub on your head - it gives you instant relief, I think it blocks the pain signals.

Syndol is also very effective for tension headaches and is what I take if I can not shift it.

Headaches and anxiety are such a potent mix - I can really sympathise - I have had a headache for most of the day and hoping the Syndol will knock it on the head.

Hope this helps

Rebecca x

erialc
16-09-08, 21:37
I am feeling just like you at the moment (and health anx means the usual what ifs about why I have such a bad head!)

I went to the pharmacy last night and a very nice lady helped me - she gave me migraleve and suggested buying boots own paracetemol and codeine as they are as good as the named brands.

I also bought some cooling packs and have 4head (gawd I sound like the walking chemist lol).

I too have booked an eye test for the weekend so hopefully we will both be sorted soon

XX C

jotom
16-09-08, 21:38
:) Hi

Do you have any relaxtion CDs? What I find helps is listening to one (with the deep breathing etc) and a cool flannel lay across my forehead..... well it works for me anyway! :) Try it and see how you get on.

Hope this helps.

Jo
x

blondie26uk
16-09-08, 22:21
try and keep yourself hydrated when weather is changing to and fro it also has an impact on the human body. Keep yourself nice and hydrated and try naps here and there.

Sallysdream
16-09-08, 22:31
Can't believe you say this...just came to see if m headache was normal and saw your post. Head is horribly aching, getting worse rather than better. Been given new tabs today from docs suppose to help ( amitriptyline ). Also my neck is aching, TMJ and eye strain. Eyes are hurting when looking into the light and can't concentrate on anything. Lets not forget that all this makes me feel dizzy on top of it all.

Sick of this....want to get better...NOW!!

eternally optimistic
16-09-08, 22:37
Hi

I used syndol too at the weekend.

Had the ........ ist headache ever, wanted to pull me eyes out...

They made me a bit drowsy bit did the job.

Good to take just before you go to bed. I had the best nights sleep every last night.
J