PDA

View Full Version : where do i begin

cazzamagui1
16-09-08, 21:53
im wondering if u can help me i keep gettin a sharp pain in between my shoulder blades and in the middle of my chest,im really scared keep thinking im going to have a heart attack!!! my husband thinks its either heartburn or stress it seems to get worse when im stressed out i thought heartburn was a burning sensation!!!!! i cant sleep for worrying :unsure: thnx for any advice u have caz xxxxxxx

cthechick84
16-09-08, 21:59
hiya kaz hunni
Its most likely frm anxiety hun . im getting exactly the same and many other people on here, my pains are in between chst and all across but mainly my left side its horrible i knw ,but try not to think of it and relx. if you still worried by tomorrow make an appoitment to see your gp and he can check everythink out for u. but i wuldnt worry its a common sypmtom of anxiety. try and take ur mind of it hunni.
Lots of love Chantel.xxxx

Cathy V
16-09-08, 22:00
Hi there. It does sound much like an indigestion type of pain as this can be felt in the back as well as the front. Heartburn usually is felt at the back of your throat and down between your boobs, and feels like a burning sensation when you burp. Heart pain for real isnt usually a sharp pain but more like a heavy crushing feeling.

Try not to worry too much. When we havent actually experienced a heart attack we only have a vague idea of what the pain must be like. I think you would know it if it was happening!

Hope this helps
cathy xxx

blondie26uk
16-09-08, 22:19
It sounds like indegestion to me, have you experienced this before and if you have were you ok?. Try to think more positive and realistically about what it could be. With health anxiety we try to jump for the negative within the first second making the physical symptoms worse. Try a big burp, some gaviscon or try to distract yourself for a while all the time thinking for a more positive explanation of what it could be.

Hope this helps

x

cazzamagui1
26-09-08, 19:32
hi all thnx for the continus support went to see my gp she said it does sound like anx but she also thinks it could be a upper respitory viral infect!!!! she checked me lungs and heart and back and chest everythin was good so ave relaxed a little now ......thnx again ur all great xxxxxxx caz

Trixie
26-09-08, 21:02
This sounds very much like indigestion. Try Gaviscon or something similar and don't eat before going to bed.

HayleyGoodwin08
27-09-08, 10:12
I get the same feeling too, its awful.