PDA

View Full Version : Weird phobia

divaneko13
17-09-08, 09:50
I get scared when my cat sleeps next to me or on top of me because of Oscar the nursing home cat who curls up to people when theyre about to die. I just woke up to my cat cuddling with me and I freaked out.

pinkpiglet
17-09-08, 09:56
Who on earth is Oscar the nursing home cat??????

I'v kno loadsa 'healthy' ppl whose cats curl up to them on a night, every night of the year!

I think that says it all!! :doh:

It doesnt do it for me personally, i'm certainly no cat lover!!! lol

divaneko13
17-09-08, 09:59
Haha he's this cat that people are puzzled by because he lives a nursing home and only curls up to people he knows are about to go. He's eeriely accurate and it usually happens with in a few hours.

I know it's irrational but it freaks me out and I feel so bad for Liev (my cat). I kick him off the bed everytime. And if get up after that he follows me an meows. I'm sure it's just out of love.

Thanks for the reassurance.

solent
17-09-08, 12:45
The nursing home cat sounds incredibly caring to me. He can sense peoples last breaths and goes to comfort them. I know I'd love to be comforted by a cat on my final night.

It reminds me of a poem:
"I lack all certainty,
but still I hope,
that at the edge of death I'll see,
a small cat racing from the dark,
to welcome me."
--Pam Brown.

As for you cat, why not shut him out of the bedroom so he can't sleep next to you?

robertz
19-09-08, 07:44
when my can meows at me i get scared because i think he senses that there is somethig wrong with me. your not the only one :)

HeatherMc
19-09-08, 09:01
Don't worry about it, my cat comes up and nudges me in the face if I fall asleep on the couch, cats are naturally nosey and social and he is always crying at me usually he wants feeding, to go out or just to play ie he wants me to rub him or something.

Cheers

Heather

jill
19-09-08, 10:01
Hi hun, :D:hugs:

I can see how you have linked these cats together, it is true that cats AND dogs are very sensitive to peoples feelings, some dogs are used for people with epilepsy, warining them when a fit is about to come on, (ohhh I feel thats great) BUT, BUT, BUT, YOUR cat may sense your anxiety, and just wants to give you LOVE and attention and he meowing, its just showing, he knows your struggleing with anxiety and he/whe cares. but allso, a cat, WILL curl up where it feels warm and comfortable.

I feel that cats and dogs are like children, they are part of the family and will ask for attention from time to time.

Hunny, I know its hard for you when a anxiety thought comes on like this, you know, there are 2 ways you can deal with this, as it has allready been said, lock it out, but what I feel is best, is to try and change your thought patten on why the cat is doing this, he/she, LOVES YOU and cares for you, it wants like everyone here and around you want, is to see you better. :hugs:he/she, senses your pain and troubles.:hugs:

YOU TAKE CARE

Wishing you well

LOVE JILLXXX