PDA

View Full Version : Quetipaine - seroquel

jacqui doll
17-09-08, 15:07
Hi is anybody been perscribed these for high levels of aniexty. My dr has perscribed them to me 25mg twice daily. The side affects are scaring me. I would love to hear from anybody who is or was on them. Thanks

Pink Panic
18-09-08, 14:08
Hi

I have these and take them when required. They make me sleepy which isn't ideal with a young daughter to look after.

Pink
xxx

jacqui doll
18-09-08, 18:27
Hi Pink Panic

thanks for the reply. I've only been on these for 24 hours. Have left me feelin soooooooo tired. But i must say that later on this afternoon i've been feelin more chilled.

Thanks for the taking the time to reply. xx

Pink Panic
19-09-08, 22:02
No probs Jacqui. When i told the psych about my sleepiness he prescribed Chlorpromazine but i haven't tried them yet but according to him they don't make you as drowsy.
Let me know how you go please. :hugs:

Love
PP
xxx

sheena
19-09-08, 22:44
I take mine at night. 100mg. I get a really good night sleep.
How about asking the doctor about taking them before you go to sleep.

Sheena

keepemlaughing
19-09-08, 22:59
I take 40 mg of seroquel every night. I sleep pretty good. But I am totally hooked on them. Last weekend I spent the night away from home without my pills. I did not sleep all night. That has happened before, too. One big problem with seroquel is the restless leg syndrome. Too much will have you crawling up the walls. All in all I think for sleep, it does the job. I don't use it for anything else. I take other meds for the anxiety.

jacqui doll
20-09-08, 13:29
day 3 of tablets. I must amdit that i am sleepin better and definatley feelin less aniexty. I feel a little more with it today. the first 2 days i just wanted to sleep that was a bit hard with 3 very young kidz. So far so good. Fingers crossed. I take 1 25 mg tablet in morning and 1 25mg at night.

I'll keep you posted on the tablets and if any side affects.

jacqui doll
21-09-08, 17:03
Day 4 of seroquel. Today is the first day that i havent felt as tired and so far the tablets seem to be takin the edge of my aniexty.
I was able to take my 5yr 3 yr and 17 month old to a party birthday along with my hubby. we actually stayed for the whole 2 hours and i did not feel aniexious at all. Even when we came home i didnt feel the need to lie down. I'm hoping that this is a sign for things to come.
The only side affects i have noticed is heart rate seems to be faster and dry mouth. Will keep you posted.

jacqui doll
22-09-08, 14:05
Day 5 of seroquel

Slept well last night. have managed to go to Asda with hubby to get shoppin. I am hoping that i will attend PTA meeting tonight (fingers crossed). Must admit that i'm feeling quite ok. I'm hoping that this is me starting to pull through. I have a bit more energy and my concentration is better. Hopefully if things continue ok with meds, phy and theraphy hubby will be able to return to work.
xx

Yvonne
22-09-08, 19:03
Glad you're doing well on the Seroquel Jacqui.

My shrink gave it to me when my anxiety levels were very high. I took it at night to help me sleep which it did. Only trouble was that it would put me out for about four hours then I'd be wide awake. I didn't attempt taking it in the day because it was so sedating.

joy
22-09-08, 19:17
Jacquie

Is that the only med you are on if so thats really good its working so well

Joy

jacqui doll
23-09-08, 15:06
Day 6

I haven't felt any tiredness today and my aniexty levels are quite low. Was at the drs today and he was pleased with my level of response. He did state that i was to remember to take 1 tablet in morning and 1 at night only. If i forgot to take tablet in morning then just take the night time one. I also am on 40mg of Citalopram which i have been taking for 4 months and a betta blocker. This is the first week i have went without Diz. I have been able to manage the kidz and am in the process of making the tea (first time in ages). Back to the drs on Friday after phy. If my progress continues then hubby is allowed back to work. (Hubby has been off since my bad attack and i was put under the care of crisis team, i self harm when i get frustrated). So far i fell more control of thoughts and my concentration and memory has greatly improve. Hopefully things will continue.

:winks:

GMarsh
10-11-09, 19:27
day 5 for me i take 25mg 3 times aday really helping my anxiety after 19 months also take 10mg ot ciprelex keep with it guys.

Maggie-may
16-11-09, 23:09
I also take Seroquel, and sometimes I can't sleep at all, it appears that I am scared to go to sleep, not sure why. I was also on Citarlpam (Not sure if thats how it's spelt) I didn't like that as I couldn't sleep at all!
The only thing I dislike is that when I went to see the shrink I did expect to see him on a regular basis to discuss things, not just see initally get prescribed meds, see a different dr, then nothing until January, I mean how am I supposed to sort my problems out if I don't actually talk about them, after all they are still there! Still considering it's the N.H.S I guess I can't expect much else.