PDA

View Full Version : guilty

rachelsarah
17-09-08, 17:27
woke up at around 1 this morning with bad anxiety that turned into a full on attack , i dont even know why, im at my wits end i cant relax my whole body aches and i feel guilty for being like this as my partner has to see and cope with it all, im so tired but still managing work but it gets harder and harder and i cant see an end to it all. im really close to my mum but i dont like telling her too much as she has cancer , she has so much more to deal with and this makes me feel even worse. what a shoddy day

Horse
17-09-08, 17:40
Rach.

The best thing I can advise is to take one minute at a time.

When we look at life, we look at it as though it is happening all at once, which of course it isn't! But in our mind, things are just spinning round and round all the time. Hence we then start thinking irrationally.

First of all, do NOT feel guilty. Everyone can suffer panic and anxiety. No one is immune. Your partner will understand I'm sure.

Secondly, you are very considerate in not telling your mother about your suffering. Yes, you could be right, she has enough to deal with at the moment, so therefore you are very brave in making this decision. Also, she will need your support therefore it's important that you accept this for what it is.........Anxiety.

Could this be caused by your mothers current state of health I wonder?

Yes it does get harder and harder, but you will carry on believe me! And you will fight everyday.

Just live each day as it comes. And deal with problems as they arise.

Do not worry about something that may not happen...........worry about it and deal with it IF it does!!

Kevin.

rachelsarah
17-09-08, 17:55
i dont think its just my mum there are a number of things that have happened and are happening that just add to my mental state. thanks for your comment it is much appreciated .

Horse
17-09-08, 18:11
You're welcome.

But listen, you're only 21 and although youv'e panicked since you were 5 or 6, I'm now 54 and have panicked since I was 13 or 14.

If I were a horse...........they would have bloody shot me by now.

But I'm still here. Take some advice from an 'Old Git'.

as I said................Deal with each day as it starts...........and..............

Forget about it when it's gone.

K