PDA

View Full Version : Hi, i know that im very ill but i don't know whats wrong with me ...

lostsoul08
17-09-08, 17:48
I am a 25 year old male who has always been shy, but i truely believe it's gone way beyond just normal shyness and i don't know what to do.

I cannot cope in being in any situation where they might be people around, as a result i don't work yet my family and friends think i do as i just leave the house and wander around all day. I won't even go out with my friends anymore because i just can't take it. It's been like this for the past few yearsd but is gradually getting worse and worse.

Now i can't even walk down a street without thinking every little noise i hear or voice i hear is someone talking about me, and even at home i sit with the curtains drawn when i can because i feel like people are looking in at me.

I think im anxious, paranoid and delusional all in one and i really don't know what to do about it.

I've always thought against going to doctors as i don't want to be someone who has to rely on medication to feel ok and i hear there are alot of side effects but really i don't what what to do.

I am lying to everyone and it's become harder and harder,I realise that i definitely need help but admitting that im this weak is very hard.

I fear my family and friends would be so dissapointed if i admit that i haven't been working all this time and they may just think im work shy or lazy which is so not the case as the lengths i go to to keep up this charade is work enough in itself.

There are so many factors that contribute to my shyness and social awkwardness, one being that despite being 25 i have very boyish looks of a 14 year old, women don't take me seriously. The only people that are attracted to me are girls that are too young for me because they assume that im their age. I've only ever had one girlfriend.

I fear it will never change.

bottleblond
17-09-08, 18:09
Hi there sweety

WELCOME to the site!

Please don't think you are own your own with this one because i promise you now that your not. Not by any means!!

One thing i will say though is, please please please try to talk to someone about it. Your doctor should really be your first port of call and trust me when i say, he/she won't think you are wierd. They probably see others like you daily- as anxiety, social or otherwise is very very common indeed.

My name is Lisa and you can pm me anytime!!
take care for now and i hope we can be of help to you

xxx

kellie
17-09-08, 18:41
Hiya lostsoul, welcome to NMP its great to have you here
From you post and what you are saying it sounds like you are suffering with some degree of social anxiety
Please dont feel that this is not commen as its a lot more commen than you think
Pls go and have a chat with your doc about how you are feeling and explain things, there dont always have to be meds involved there are other avenues that can be explored
You will find may ppl here who are going through the same thing
you will get lots of advice/support/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
keep posting and we will help you as much as we can

Graz
17-09-08, 19:47
hey lostsoul, I'm 23, m, and in a similar situation as yourself- although I'm working I find it a struggle and I feel most comfortable when walking on my own around. Please do go see your Dr, as they'll be very understanding and can prescribe you things to help (as mine did for me). All the best.

milly jones
17-09-08, 22:39
welcome to nmp

:welcome:

its super place to gain support

i can identify with what u saying, hugs

love

milly xxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/buttons/edit.gif (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=388493)

Alisonj
18-09-08, 04:48
I am sorry that you are going through so much. It must be absolutely awful. Dont do it alone. Please talk to your doctor and others. People will understand and be there to help you. This forum is absolutely wonderful for support and advice. I wish you all the best!