Meg
23-05-05, 15:13
Collette .

You'll find you're certainly not alone at
http://www.ocduk.org/index.htm

tattybear
23-05-05, 15:40
No definatly not.

I have this but not to the extream fortunatly.

How badly do you suffer with this and is it just cleaning?

Tatty B xx

seh1980
23-05-05, 16:30
Wish I had this!! My house is always such a mess (just kidding). We are all obsessed about different things. Sounds silly but I have 'lucky' and 'unlucky' clothes. If I wear my 'lucky' clothes, I won't have a panic attack. Silly, huh? :D

tattybear
23-05-05, 16:44
Sarah!! Oh My GOD!! I'm so glad ive just read your post!!! Im exatly the same with clothes!! I always wear the same outfit when going to the hospital / doctors etc as i think im less likly to have a PA in them!

Hehe...silly I know, but thats our minds for ya!

Tatty B xx

seh1980
23-05-05, 17:36
LOL Tatty thought I was the only weirdo about!! :D

seh1980
23-05-05, 17:37
by the way, the doctors must think that those are the only clothes we own LOL :D

tattybear
23-05-05, 17:38
I know!! Lol...they prob get deja vu everytime as we always turn up in the same outfit!! lol

Tatty B xx

Karen
23-05-05, 19:31
Hi Collette

You are certainly not alone in this. I also have obsessions, not about cleaning but mine are about people.

The Four Steps (http://www.hope4ocd.com/foursteps.html) approach could give you an idea of how to start tackling this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Collette
23-05-05, 23:15
im the same with the clothes thing too, but when im out i wear black so that people cant get any vibes from me.

My cleaning thing overtakes everything, id wash the bedding everyday if my hubby would let me, he says about using too much electric with the washing machine, i may just do it secretly so he doesnt know (wash the bedding and put the same one back on once ive washed it) youve gotta do what ya gotta do.
Sometimes i get so desperate i wanna shout at the top of my lungs, i feel like im going to burst, that why i wondered if any one else had a thing for cleaning.

sal
23-05-05, 23:19
Hi Collette

We all have different ways that we obsess and many people on here will understand how you feel.

I was once a bit over sensitive about my house being so tidy, as in finish the cup of tea but i would wisk it away to wash it before it was finished and washed towels every day.

It is hard to overcome that habit, but with our support even if you can leave the bedding for an extra day that is an achievement in itself.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

stardust
04-09-05, 01:39
Hi. Yeah i have a major MAJOR obession with cleaning. Ill clean for many hours check that there are no marks/dust etc anywhere. Like how often i do it, what order i should start in. It takes over my mind mostly all the time and if something is not clean or if ihavent cleaned it in a day or so i wont use it, for example i wont sit on the sofa.