PDA

View Full Version : Is this working for me?

leon_telford
18-09-08, 15:54
Only had one panic attack since been on it, that was when I had drank ALOT the night before so I'm guessing the booze was stronger than the pill!

Anyhow, I still feel aanxety alot, is this meant to stop that as well?

Cathy V
18-09-08, 16:06
Hi leon, what dose are you taking? im on 80mg slow release and it does take away most of the anx. I still get the wonky heartbeats when im trying to get to sleep but i think that might be because i have a couple of glasses of wine in the evening.

leon_telford
18-09-08, 16:28
Hiya,

I'm on 40MG normal ones, problem is my Doctor gave me them because he thought I had a phobia of small spaces. Whioch clearly I dont as one of the panic attacks was when I was walking down the street! I get the dizzyness most, the feel like I'm walking on a boat! I know its panic attacks I've had.

Should I ask him to increase the dosage?

I'm 26 and in OK shape health wise.

Cathy V
18-09-08, 17:37
Yes have another chat to him leon and tell him you dont think the dose you are on is making much difference to your anx. My own doc told that even 80mg is considered not a very high dose which surprised me, and if propranolol is the only meds you are taking then maybe an increase in the dose will help you with the panics. Dont just double it yourself without talking to the doc first though!