PDA

View Full Version : SIDE EFFECTS - SCARED

Jules31
01-12-03, 10:06
I started taking Buspar on friday and since then I have felt absolutely terrible. I keep going really dizzy and off balance, far worse than usual, have a headache in the whole of my head, feel nauseous, vague and remote, like I don't know what I'm doing, have severe indigestion. Last night my head felt as though it span in the inside and I felt like I almost lost consciousness for a minute, It's really hard to explain

I'm so scared that I'm just going to keel over. How long will these effects last for. I've read that they can go with continued use but how long is this. I'm perserving because I hope that it will be worth it in the end. But I don't feel like I can take much more. I just want to crawl into bed

Jules

Meg
01-12-03, 10:35
Hi Jules,

The fact that you are experiencing side efects shows that there are changes going on in the brain and hopefully you should start feeling the benefits soon.

Everyone takes different times to settle, some people only have a days worth of effects - some have several days worth.

Depending on your dose and strength the tablets come in, you could elect to take a smaller dose for a few days and build up slowly.

I do hope you start to feel better soon, Jules.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jules31
01-12-03, 11:05
thanks for the reply

I have just spoken to my dr and he has said to reduce the dose to 5 mg instead of 10mg. I'm concerned about this because I know the therapeutic dose is usually at least 20 mg. How will I ever get there. Is it usual for the dose to be then increased gradually and there not be any side effects.

Julie

Meg
01-12-03, 11:18
Hi Julie,

I've just emailed you directly anyway.

Yes , it is fairly normal for some people to not tolerate therapeutic doses of many drugs at once and need to taper up incrementally.

Buspar isn't very commonly used in the UK, I don't know all that much about it. Sorry.

Take Care

Meg

Jules31
01-12-03, 12:02
Thanks Meg, I will have to check my email when I get home because I can't do it from work. I really do feel terrible, is this normal when taking new meds?

Jules

Meg
01-12-03, 12:36
Jules , often it is the case when starting new meds.

If you want to email me your work details and I'll retransmit. I'm at home all day today.
Click on Radar and send email.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Jules31
01-12-03, 13:10
Meg

Have sent you an email

Jules