PDA

View Full Version : Hiya I'm new and was wanting some advice...

Sparky
24-05-05, 09:25
I've been suffering with anxiety and associated depression for a couple of years now. It seems to come and go - the anxiety seems to trigger off the depression. I've tried counselling and it doesn't seem to have worked - I was wondering if anyone had tried the Linden Method? I've been reading about it online and can't work out if it's genuine/worth trying or not. Thanks!

seh1980
24-05-05, 10:34
hello Sparky,

Welcome to the forum!! I have never tried the Linden Method but am sure someone else will be able to give you some good advice.

Sarah :D

EmmaJane
24-05-05, 10:35
Hi Sparky,

Welcome to the site, sorry I havent tried it either

Take care

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

Meg
24-05-05, 14:13
Your choice:
[Link removed as post deleted]

Its fairly common for anxiety to spark off depression - about 60 % of people...

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Gareth
24-05-05, 14:25
hi sparky

I haven't tried the linden method but from what I hear it doesn't have any "magic formula" - only the same tried and tested methods of getting past anxiety.

However there is something that will work for everyone (I believe) and maybe this is the thing you need to try.

I like a book called "The anxiety and phobia workbook" by Edmund Bourne, because it looks at everything you should be doing DAILY to get past anxiety. It contains all of the current "best practice" from someone who is a real anxiety expert.

hope that is of some use to you. This forum is really good, by the way, I have only just found it myself but it has already proved invaluable,

Gareth

*** I think, therefore I'm anxious ***

Sparky
24-05-05, 15:03
Hi everyone. Wow, this is such a great forum! I was a little apprehensive before I joined - I've never done this before - but everyone has been so friendly. It's really nice to know there's so many other people out there with similar problems, and that they are all so supportive of everybody. Thanks to everyone has replied - Gareth, I've been to Amazon and ordered the book you reccommended. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

x

kairen
24-05-05, 16:36
good luck sparky and welcome to the site

yes your right it is great and we are really friendly

we have a great chat room also on a night time any time after 8pm ther should be people in,

kairen x

tracyp584
24-05-05, 16:46
Hey Sparky,

Welcome to the site!!

tracy x x

nomorepanic
24-05-05, 18:43
Sparky

Welcome aboard the forum and I hope we can be of some help and support to you.

Nicola

sal
24-05-05, 23:05
Hi Sparky

Welcome to the site, hope we can help you through this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

buffybot
25-05-05, 21:13
Hello sparky...see you around [^]