PDA

View Full Version : IBS sufferers please!

Horse
20-09-08, 10:55
I would be interested to know what your symptoms are if you suffer from IBS.
I know there is a section on this in the forum, but being as we are all different and the symptoms can manifest themselves in different ways, I would like to know how this affects you personally please, whether you have the 'trots' or constipation or both, where abouts your pain is in your stomach etc Also, how long can it last for as far as bouts or attacks are concerned.

Many thanks and greatly appreciated.

Kevin.

janeybaby25
20-09-08, 12:53
i have ibs, i have runs, cramps, feel sick, feel tired, feel lousy in general. sometimes pain is so bad i can't ever walk!!!

worriedGrace
20-09-08, 16:02
I have IBS and diverticulitis for good measure. I get the runs, pain in lower abdomen from left to right, nausea,bloating. When

worriedGrace
20-09-08, 16:12
Sorry about last post got cut off. As I was saying, when I first found out about IBS I got the impression that you got attacks of it and normal bowel movements etc the rest of the time. With me it seems to be quite the contrary. This has resulted in me having every test known to man and still not knowing what causes it. Am going down the food intolerance road at the moment but am not too hopefull.
Other symptoms include pain in lower abdomen from left to right nausea and bloating.

celeste
21-09-08, 15:34
I have IBS related to anxiety. It effects me every day, usually with the 'trots'. If i'm doing something extra nerve wracking then its terrible. I get terrible trapped wind, frequency & pain. It really gets me down. There are certain foods that make it worse, but for m its the anxiety thats the cause. I was like it as a child, birthday parties, holidays etc would start me off.
I have another problem in that I have trouble going when someone else is in the house!

Neilr1978
21-09-08, 18:05
i have ibs, i have runs, cramps, feel sick, feel tired, feel lousy in general. sometimes pain is so bad i can't ever walk!!!

that sounds like me too.

Horse
21-09-08, 18:30
Thanks very much for all your replies.

Kevin

countrygirl
21-09-08, 21:58
I get terrible pain on left side for about 30 mins before a bowel movement and as I go at least 3 times in morning and 1 at night spend most of the day in pain - its excruitating, sharp stabbing. I also have very loose motions in morning them hard pellet like in evening. I get woken up between 4-6 am with the pain and have to go.

I have also had loads of bowel tests - colonoscopy in July.