PDA

View Full Version : hello

orangecrush
20-09-08, 12:25
Hi my name is sandra and I have been suffering panic attacks on and off for 7 years , they go away sometimes for years but come back with a vengence!...I have been fine this year up until around may/june when I was down at the shops which are 5 minutes from my house when I felt 'the feeling'...instead of just walking calmly home which I told myself to do I went into a panic and feeling like I was about to faint went into my local somerfields and sat down, I felt if I stood up I would faint ...then I felt that EVERYONE in the shop could tell there was something wrong and was staring at me which made me worse ...luckily my son was at home and I called him to come down ...by which time I was crying (with frustration and fear) I had to hold onto him like my life depended on it til I reached home .....since that day the panic has gradually taken over again like it did before and I now don't go out of the front door on my own unless it is in a cab to my daughters house...I can go out with someone but even then I feel awful and just want to get back to the 'safety' of my bedroom, where I sit day in day out with my laptop...It makes you cry as you type your feelings down and I feel so stupid not being able to be independent...well this is me ...hi everyone, I hope I can make some friends here and chat to people who understand and dont just tell me to 'get a grip' ..xx :)

lorac
20-09-08, 12:44
Hi Orangecrush

Welcome to the site I am sure you will find many others on here who understand how you feel.

Take care

Carol

Milligan
20-09-08, 14:05
Hi Orangecrush
Welcome - I only found this site yesterday - I hope it can help us both - I too am pretty much stuck in my bedroom - only go out when i have to. Not much of a life is it !!!
Anyway - keep trying to think positive (easier said than done) and good luck
Cheers

Missy69
20-09-08, 14:12
Hello Orange,
I know how you feel, im exactly the same as you. Thought it had gone, and then out of the blue it raises its ugly head again. Today, its absolutely beautiful outside, My Husband, Son and dog have gone for a lovely long walk, Me ! sat in bed with my laptop :-( Doesnt feel fair !!! My attacks started up again about a week ago, just out of the blue, went to pick my new car up and in the reception area it hit me ! and i gave in straight away, ran out of the car show room and left my husband to do the paper work, i went from bad to worse on my own outside, i think the scaries feeling was i had forgotten how scary it could be. We drove home, i was totaly disheartened, just kept thinking what is the point in working through it all, when it can just come back when ever it likes. I think i learnt that the thing that scared me the most was, when i was working through my recovery, you sort of carry little tools around with you were ever you go, e.g - breathing excercises, counting backwards, psp, mp3 player, all distraction tools, well when my panic hit me, it had been so long since i had one that i had forgotten all my coping tools, so it managed to frighten me to the full, i came home and read my diary that i had kept whilst i was quite bad, i read through that i realised, i had done all this before, and yes i might have to work through it all or some of it again, but for the things i have managed to do once i was better, it is well worth having to work through it again. Its quicker this time, because i already know what to do. They say to ignore your symptoms and they will eventualy subside and go away, well this is true isnt it, i just dont think you should forget them. At the end of the day they are part of me wether i like them or not, and the more i get to know it, the less frightened i am. So what im trying to say i suppose, yes they may have come back, but if you free from it for quite some time, you had ways and tools you must have used to gget there, try and remeber them. If some body died and you had the most terrible time grieving over them and really hit rock bottom , then once you had learnt to deal with all better a year or so down the line, it doesnt mean if you remind yourself of the really bad time you had , that you will experience the whole bad experience again !
Sorry for rambling take care x

orangecrush
20-09-08, 15:58
Hi Sarah, Thankyou for repliing to my post, its so hard to explain to someone who hasn't experienced one, so its so nice to find this site and be able to 'chat', I got tearful reading ur post (silly aint I ) but its like reading about urself , not really sure how to use this site yet, but sure I'll get used to it ...Thanks again xx

Sandra

orangecrush
20-09-08, 16:01
Hey milligan, Yep on my bed typing instead of being outside in the sunshine , thankyou for repling to my post, its nice to find a site where you can chat and be understood lets hope we all help each other and be happy xxx

Dazza
20-09-08, 19:15
Hi Sandra,

Great that you joined the site. It's full of really chilled out, helpful people. Welcome to the family! :o)

kellie
20-09-08, 22:30
Hiya, :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here with us.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

milly jones
24-09-08, 15:53
a warm :welcome: to nmp

glad u decided to join us

love from

milly xxxx:blush: