PDA

View Full Version : hi im new...

lifeissweet
20-09-08, 14:41
just wanted to introduce myself and tell you all about me properly, altho i did post my first couple of posts last night.

im laura, im 26 and im married with 2 children. i have suffered with anxiety, panic attacks and agoraphobia since i was a teen.

i had one major episode of about a year or 2 when i was at uni, and was on anti-ds which helped but it has always been with me, and has now come back with avengence since my second child was born 3 months ago.

i dont worry about not being able to breathe/dying and all the physical things anymore, cause of the internet i have managed to find that really nothing physically wrong can happen to me....altho, and i find this so much worse, this time i focus on the mental things...i am convinced i will lose my mind, go crazy, forget my name, and have visions of myself in a mental hospital and ive failed my children so much. i have problems going anywhere, i mean i force myself to go, but always think "what if i panic" and then i make myself panic by panicking about it. so life is so hard just now, really really hard. i just got married last year, and up until 2 months ago, i was a closet panicker!! not even my husband knew, i just made excuses why i couldnt go certain places etc for what feels like my whole life.

some days im determined its not goingt o beat me, other days the fight is too hard.

ive found this site great so far and i hope it will really help me. i am a christian and find comfort in praying about it, but the fear takes over most of the time x

Cathy V
20-09-08, 14:55
Hi and welcome to nmp. Hope we can help with your anxiety.

Best wishes
cathy xxx

lorac
20-09-08, 16:45
Hi Laura

Welcome to the site I am sure you will meet some nice people on here who will offer some good advice and support.

Take care

Carol

Patty
20-09-08, 17:25
Hi Laura,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. :yesyes:

I can totally relate to what you say about fear of 'losing your mind, going crazy etc' and having to really force yourself to go anywhere thinking 'what if this or that'.

I hope it helps to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling. I have found this site a great help and I hope you do as well.

All the best xx :bighug1:

bottleblond
20-09-08, 17:45
Hi Laura

Welcome to NMP and i really hope we can be of help to you :flowers:

Love Lisa
xxx

robertz
20-09-08, 20:50
i can relate! its nice to meet you

kellie
20-09-08, 22:29
Hiya, :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here with us.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

milly jones
24-09-08, 15:55
a warm :welcome: to nmp

glad u decided to join us

love from

milly xxxx:blush:

jodie
24-09-08, 22:32
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie xx

Laylag
25-09-08, 06:22
Hi LAURA,
I joined this site yesterday and as a fellow mother am amazed at the amount of non judgemental support.