PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

Melanie Crook
20-09-08, 21:35
Hi my name is Melanie, I have just joined No more panic. The reason for joining is that, i sufferered really bad anxiety, panic, obsessions and phobias many years ago. Im 37 now and i can honestly say i do not suffer any more. Going through the nightmare all them years ago has made me a much stronger confident person. At the time you cannot believe how much suffering you are going through. I felt like i was a mad woman, the crazy, horrible thoughts etc. I would love to help anyone suffering because for years i suffered alone and didn't understand what was happening to me. i was 21 when it started and it lasted about 6 years. I remember everything so clearly but i don't fear it one bit now. I owe my recovery to Dr Claire Weekes. Her books are so right and simplyfies things so much. It took a while to practise her method but im living proof it works. Not all Doctors and Pyscologist understand the severity of this nervous suffering. Until you have been through it, their is only so much one can understand. Millions of people go through it at some stage in their lives and i believe it should be taught at schools. Anyway, any questions or advice, let me know. x

Dazza
20-09-08, 21:37
wow - That's so great Melanie!

Welcome to the NMP family! :o) I'm sure you will be an inspiration to many on this site.

debi
20-09-08, 21:50
hi all my names debi
im also new too this group suffer from fast heart beat nd being dizzy nd sickness due too this but i take verapimal for my heart nd citropram or wat ever its called start them on monday but not sure abt them ie side ofects but been giving them for deprestion hope too here some positive posts on this medication as i still av palpatations 2 different kinds suprerventaculor nd fibulation pluss deprestion so im feeling very low just now hate this feeling debi x

Cathy V
20-09-08, 21:51
Yes thank you for sharing that with us melanie. There are quite a few success stories here on nmp and Dr. Claire Weekes is known to most of us, but yes if you think you can add anything that would be great.

Best wishes
Cathy V x

robertz
20-09-08, 21:54
thats great to hear Melanie!

Anna C
20-09-08, 21:59
Hi Melanie,
Welcome to nmp.
I'm really happy for you, that you have completely recovered, it gives me hope reading other peoples success stories.:D
I've just started reading Claire Weekes and listening to her downloads on here - she makes so much sense!

Anna xx

Melanie Crook
20-09-08, 22:02
Ive been on citolapram for a couple of years. Not for the anxiety i suffered but since having my third child. I think they are really good. Im on 20mg a day. They help me sleep and keep me more level where depression is concerned.

kellie
20-09-08, 22:26
Hiya, :welcome: to NMP its lovely to have you here with us.
You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.

Patty
20-09-08, 23:17
Hi Melanie,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined.

Thank-you for the lovely positive post. :yesyes:

All the best xx :bighug1:

pooh
21-09-08, 00:22
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

smurfette
21-09-08, 08:23
Hi Melanie

:welcome:to NMP.

Mandy xx

Veronica H
21-09-08, 10:58
Hi Melanie
I am on Citalopram 10mg and it has been a great help. Dr Weekes is brilliant, and I keep recommending her to most newcomers to the site as I only really understood what was happening to me having read her book. She was way ahead of her time. I owe my recovery so far to having found this site, and realising that many others have come this way before, and through others on the site recommending Dr Weekes.Welcome to NMP, I am sure you will be an inspiration to others and will find this a friendly and supportive place.

Veronica

milly jones
24-09-08, 16:12
a warm :welcome: to nmp

glad u decided to join us

love from

milly xxxx:blush:

keepemlaughing
24-09-08, 16:18
What an encouraging message Melanie! Welcome.