PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting better?

Malton Seadog
21-09-08, 17:55
What a daft question. Surely I should know, but I thought I might ask on here.

Two months ago, I couldn't go in a big shop. Yesterday, I spent over 3 hours in the MetroCentre looking around without feeling anxious once.

Two months ago, on a train, I had to sit alone in the quietest carriage. On Tuesday last week, I was crammed into my seat and surrounded on all sides but felt ok.

Two months ago, I felt physically sick on a bus because of anxiety. I travel by bus every other day now and feel ok.

Three weeks ago, I thought I'd fallen out of love with my girlfriend. She's now just gone home after spending a few lovely days with me, and we are as close as ever.

I can walk around large towns/cities with no trouble whatsoever.

The one final frontier though IS the girlfriend thing. She's just gone home and I won't see her til Friday, so I got a little anxious when she left. That's usual for people without anxiety though isn't it? Saying goodbye to their loved ones.

I still feel rough now and again when I'm not with her, but I think I'm actually onto a winner here!

I have bad days still - but I feel I'm on the right road to recovery.

bottleblond
21-09-08, 18:05
Hi there

You sound like you are doing amazingly well and should be very proud of what you have acheived in such a short time.

Keep up the good work and don't look back!!

Lisa
xxx

lilly-lou
21-09-08, 18:13
Well done on your achievements, you should be very proud of yourself.

Hugs

lilly-lou

lorac
21-09-08, 18:16
Hi

It sounds like you are doing just fine well done.

Carol

Anxious_gal
21-09-08, 18:27
wow your definitely doing very well

Pink Panic
21-09-08, 18:56
All in all it sounds like you are doing great. Wishing you all the best in your continued recovery. :hugs:

PP
xxx

Malton Seadog
21-09-08, 19:22
Thanks for all the kind messages ladies and gents!

The one remaining anxiety symptom I would love to relieve is the seperation anxiety from my girlfriend, which often causes unwelcome thoughts about us.

I do love her very much. We've been together 2 years but at the moment, due to University and job situations, I see her on average 2 or 3 days a week.

Is it normal for me to feel anxious in such situations?

Veronica H
21-09-08, 20:48
Hi
Yes it is normal to feel anxious. The reason we are ill is because our nerves have become over sensitised. All of our senses are heightened and we have to wait for them to return to normal levels without adding too much fear and worry which only produces more adrenalin and keeps them sensitised. It sounds as if you have done very well so far. We all feel a bit anxious when our loved ones leave, so try not to make too much of it, and you will feel well when Friday comes around and be ready to enjoy the weekend.
Best wishes
Veronica