PDA

View Full Version : This is not easy to express but need to

Carol27
21-09-08, 18:55
Hi, this is so difficult for me to express this new irrational fear but please i need help to get through this. I started by having the irrational thought about possession, last week i seemed to be dealing with it a bit better. I went to my daughters and the grandchildren had tv on, well a movie trailer came on and of course i was drawn to it and immediately the thought oh what if i turned into a werewolf popped into my head and caused terrible fear. then it soon turned to i am. I then made the huge mistake of looking it up on the internet to try and dispel the fear but then read that there is a mental delusional illness where a person thinks they are one, so i'm terrified that i have that and will always be thinking it. Can anyone help, i'm beginning to think this nightmare will never end, thankyou, love Carol x

Veronica H
21-09-08, 20:58
Hi Carol
I am so sorry that you are still struggling with this. I think you should return to your GP for advice, as he may be able to recommend something new to help you through this. I would advise against googling your symptoms...google is not a Dr, as it says somewhere on this site.
Take care Carol.

Veronica

pooh
21-09-08, 21:05
Hi carol the very fact that you can describe and question these these thoughts demonstrates that you are fully aware that that is jsut what they are...thoughts. If you were delusional this process wouldnt happen. I know that they can be scarey as hell but they are only your minds way of scaring the bejeezuz out of you to raise your anxiety.
If you are on medication and it isnt easing this symptom please do get back to the docs. NO GOOGLING!!! lol and there is info on the menu to the left about thse kinda thought patterns

take care

Pooh xxx