PDA

View Full Version : desperate

LisaT
21-09-08, 19:44
i don't know what to do, I,m in a constant state of panic anxiety and terror. I worry for my kids that they have to see this and what effect it'll have on them. I feel they'd be better off without me even though I wouldn't kill myself. I'm seeing a different doctor tomorrow and am desperately hoping he can help, I really need help and no-ones giving it to me. i saw a therapist on friday but he wanted to get to the root of my anxiety and I know what that is, knowing that and knowing the worst that can happen etc etc is not helping me cope at all, I feel like I'm going mad even though when rational thats not the case, please please tell me what I can do.

pooh
21-09-08, 20:49
Hi LIsa

first of all if you can focus your thoughts please please read all the info contained in the menu on the left. Understanding what and why you are experiencing this tends to have a calming effect in itself. You also need that knowledge to push yourself forward.

secondly, you dont say if you are on medication, if not discuss it with the doctor. Sometimes medication even for a short while gives us the ability to calm down a little and start to learn how to manage our panic and anxiety.

thirdly, make good use of your counsellor. They are another valuable tool to help you get through this. Yes it might involve going over a history we may wish to forget but if it assists and is the right path for you please try to give it all you got.

Lastly, I have no doubt that you are a loving mum. Believe me it would be more detremental to not be there than be there and doing all you can which you seem to be doing to combat how you are feeling right now.

If you need support come on here you are far from alone. We are all here to support each other.

let us know how the doctors goes and take care

Pooh x

Anxious_gal
21-09-08, 21:04
your not going mad x, aw your children would not be better off without, i'm sure you do the best you can. hope the doctor goes well

LisaT
21-09-08, 23:06
I'm on a mild tranquiliser which I don't like taking, it dosen't seem to help and stops me driving n stuff. I feel better while I am out although I have had symptoms ie panic rising, breathlessness etc. I feel its worse for me because when I'm home I never feel ok although I know not being able to go out must be awful. I can't eat, had my first panic attack after a meal and I guess I made an irrational link to food, I've lost over a stone in a month, I'm a big girl and can afford it but thats really not the point is it? I went to the hospital the other night in desperation and was told its not our problem, u can not eat for months, very helpful not! i was advised to contact gp again and have been referred to I think a phychiatrist supposedly within 2 weeks, prob don't need that but hoping they will refer me to the appropriate professional. I'm calmer now, maybe the tabs do help a bit but I know its not a long term fix but that there are other meds i can try. The only time I ever feel relaxed is when I'm at docs or hospital fgs or I get so fed up I think to myself well if I die, I die can't do anything about it. I do suffer with lung problems which i blocked out and I think this was my trigger along with my hubby almost drowning on the last day of our hols I have no proper info on my problem but I do know that I had no symptoms whatsoever until the anxiety started, in my irrational moments I can't convince myself of this. My other problem is this, if I feel I can't breath, at what point do you seek help? all docs say well if you aren't sure....well hell im not sure most of the time, what do you do? My kids really bother me, the effect it has on them and I think it makes my panic worse in case it happens in front of them even tho i know rationally i can take myself to my bedroom or go to the bathroom, they worry, which makes me anxious!!

I'm so sorry this is so long but these are my problems and its better to get it all out in one.

Lisa.