PDA

View Full Version : Head shocks/brain zaps

mabelina
21-09-08, 20:13
Ive been taking Sertraline for 12 years now and have come off it many times with no problems apart from the head shocks which soon disappear. However, i came off them again two months ago (always weaned off) but last week i started getting to head shocks. I find this rather odd to have them come on me so late after stopping and getting a little bit panicky about it.

Nicholas
21-09-08, 21:21
Hi, Mabelina,
I experienced the same thing when coming off Seroxat, I went to see my GP about it, and he put me on prozac, which proved to be far easier to come off.
Maybe there is an alternative for you?

Best Wishes Nick

nickieb
22-09-08, 08:10
Mabelina

Morning hun. I also get these head shocks, i would describe mine as twinges- is this what you mean??
I think mine are caused by the muscles in my neck being so tight and painful & this causes nerve pain over your scalp/head - a referred pain. Its well known with anxiety sufferers.

Best wishes

joyce1980
22-09-08, 09:06
The head zaps and shocks are a from your body adjusting from the lack og medication, they will come and go.

I came off seroxat and they didn't start for a few weeks and then they came and were awful.

I don't think there is a problem but your Dr will be able to give you the best advice, give them a quick call on the phone:)

mabelina
22-09-08, 23:11
Thanks for your replies guys:) I know deep down these head shocks are due to being off the tablets, god knows ive had them so many times, but coming on me so late after stopping them, did kind of get me thinking a bit. Nickieb, no hun, its nothing to do with muscles in the back of my neck. These happen half of the time when i only move my eyes, or even more so when i screw them shut tight. Its exactly like zaps of electricity.