View Full Version : appetite

smiths
21-09-08, 21:04
has anyome else had the lack of appetite
i do eat a bit mainly at night

pinkpiglet
21-09-08, 21:19
Is this because you feel nauseous?
I often feel nauseous which zaps my appetite!

smiths
21-09-08, 21:26
no i dont feel sick just dont feel like eating:shrug:

bottleblond
21-09-08, 21:26
Hi Smiths

Yeah i am the exact same! i eat mainly at night too because the stress of the day begins to fade! I hardly eat during the day, mainly nibble only when i have to because i either feel sick or need to eat with meds!

It is very common

Love Lisa
xxx

jackie l
21-09-08, 21:27
hiya i had the loss of appetite phase at the very start of my anxiety episodes, i lost a stone n half, but then the appetite returned and now i,ve put two stone on , can,t win can we lol:shrug:. hugs to all jackiexxxxxx:bighug1:

Anxious_gal
21-09-08, 21:31
ya i tend to eat in the evening, i'm not hungry during the day,

belle
21-09-08, 22:01
Doesn't effect my appetite.

ana
21-09-08, 22:48
Hi!
Yeah I also don't feel like eating too often. Mainly cos of the nausea

kenboon
21-09-08, 23:02
You could try some minadex tonic. Its a vitamin syrup that also helps your appetite.

Ken

smiths
21-09-08, 23:09
thank you ken
i will try that

jcapson
22-09-08, 15:22
The more stress I have, the less I feel like eating. I do eat a muffin in the morning and a granola bar or two during the day. I will normally have dinner with my family but sometimes it's not much. If I force myself to eat most times I feel sick to my stomach.

mizznoone
22-09-08, 16:24
yea,mainly caused by anxiety.

smiths
22-09-08, 17:14
does anyone else find that when they do eat they have indegestion is this cos i dont eat alot ??/

vti2007
22-09-08, 18:00
I was exactly the same as you. I couldn't eat anything until about 9pm and then I could eat and eat and eat but the next day couldn't eat again. I used to try and a least have some proper easy to prepare meals in the fridge/freezer so I wasn't eating rubbish when I could eat.

I still get this somedays - it is purely anxiety cos it is only on bad days I get it now. I have found a couple of things help a bit I try to eat a banana and a clemantine or similar in the mornings. Can be a real struggle but it seems to kick start your stomach. Also I wrote in another post that I was drinking a lot of water but a consultant told me to cut back and try to drink juice or squash instead as drinking loads of water will cause you to lose weight and it also acts as an appetite supressant. It seems to be true. I have gone back to drinking at the levels I was before and my appetite came back a bit.

At the worst I was prescribed Nutricia Fortesip by the GP. It is prescription only stuff that is like milkshake but there is 300 calories in a 200ml bottle and it is a complete food so you can survive on it. I have been through about 100 bottles of the stuff!! but if you can't face food it can really help. It comes in about 7-8 flavours - the strawberry one is really nice!!

As for the indigestion you really need to try and get something down even if it is only complan or diet milkshakes, plain milk or something because it sounds like you might have the beginnnings of what I have had. A lack of food and an excess of acid caused gastritis with me. It is not life threatening and it won't make you really ill but it is bl***y inconvienient and can be a bit painful and it means a strict diet and more pills to shift it once it starts. I know how hard it is but please try and at least line your stomach with something. I would see your GP and explain it to them and say you are worried about damaging your stomach and could they prescribe you some Fortesip until you get your appetite back :)

Good luck I know how frustrating this is.

smiths
22-09-08, 18:07
thank you for your good advise i had thought about the shakes i will try that

orangeblossom
22-09-08, 22:37
Interesting ... I had that for a long time and it is only with a really concerted effort that I now make myself eat vaguely sensibly throughout the day.

I found that having specific times when I had to eat whether I was hungry/anxious/nauseas or not (really hard as I have emetaphobia!) made a huge difference. Started out with very, very small meals at breakfast / elevenses / lunch / tea / supper - even it if was an apple or cereal bar or something and am still slowly building it up to actual meals.

Also have started doing bit of exercise which helps appetite and anxiety! Incredibly difficult to start but very, very worthwhile I am finding!