PDA

View Full Version : me !!

smiths
21-09-08, 22:43
hi my name is vicki im 33 years old . i live with my boyfriend and i have been having panic attacks for about 3-4 months now more recently i seem to have a lot of anxiety too . i dont really know what set them off but have always been an anxious person.
for about the past week the anxiety seems to be worse than the panic attacks
in the last month i have left my job of 17 years and just started my own business (yes i know this probably wont help my situation) ! but it was just the right time for me

Cathy V
21-09-08, 22:52
Hi vicki! (or do you prefer smiths) great to know more about you...well i now know you're a girlie and not a bloke as id origionally thought haha!

Anyway, you leaving a job after 17 years to start your own business...is this when the panics started? i know you say youve always been an anxiuos person and thats true of alot of us on nmp anyway, and so it doesnt take much to add on extra anxiety and you really seem to have classic symptoms from what youve told us so far...xxx

pooh
21-09-08, 22:55
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh xxx

smiths
21-09-08, 22:57
hi cathy
the p/a started about 2 months before i left my job
vicki

Cathy V
21-09-08, 23:00
...around the time youd have known that you were about to change your life really yes? and do you think the responsibilty of the business is freaking you out a bit or are you comfortable with it?

belle
21-09-08, 23:01
Hi and welcome :)

x

smiths
21-09-08, 23:04
i didnt really think alot about leaving my job to start my business it has been something i wanted to do for about a year so when i was off work cos of the p/a i thought nows the time to do want i really want to:) like its now or never !
i dont think i feel worried about the business but maybe it does have abit to do with my anxiety :)
it just all seemed to start before i knew i was leaving my job

Cathy V
21-09-08, 23:14
Ok, well sometimes we just never know the reason why, and then its best to concentrate on finding a way through the panics. Sometimes if you have a fear of illness or dying anything you can feel inside such as pounding heart, missed beats, tight chest and pains, and loss of appetite can make us focus on our body too much and become anxious, and pretty soon it doesnt take much to trigger a panic. When you have a panic attack do you think you're gonna die? most people do but they dont, even after years of them why havent they died? Why havent i had my heart attack? ive been waiting for it for alot of years...but im still around.

Try some of the herbals mentioned in the other posts while you're waiting to see the counsellor they might help you out for now...xxx

jodie
22-09-08, 11:44
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie xx

milly jones
24-09-08, 16:05
a warm :welcome: to nmp

glad u decided to join us

love from

milly xxxx:blush:

keepemlaughing
24-09-08, 16:27
Hello, and welcome. May you find peace and friendship within this very helpful site.

keepemlaughing
24-09-08, 17:03
Welcome! May you find peace and comfort here!